Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Newborns & Infants What kind of Easter crafts are you...

What kind of Easter crafts are you...

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-04-05, 11:51 AM
Banned

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0%
Question What kind of Easter crafts are you...

Doing with the kids this year?

Old 03-05-05, 12:22 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Cole is still really too little and not into crafts..maybe a "boy" thing too who knows...might try to get him to colour some eggs though if I can stop him from colouring himself at the same time!

Old 03-05-05, 03:55 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Moy, Cole isn't too young!!!

He can put sprinkles on cookies...
and this is what i have my kids do...

I get a piece of paper with a big easter egg printed on it (you can find them on the internet on coloring pages).. Then I let them drip glue on the paper (you just have to have the nozzle turned to the proper flow rate) so let them squirt it onto the paper. Then give them little foam shapes to glue onto the paper. You can also use dry beans (black beans, lima beans etc -- I just buy a bag of 15 bean soup mix and let them sort that all out sometimes) or you can get large noodles and let them glue those to the paper.
If you're really daring, you can color the noodles with food coloring first and let that dry for future projects.

Also, though the project is short and sweet, you can get cotton balls and let them glue them to a paper that has an easter bunny on it. (again, free internet color pages)
Get a couple feathers and have them glue those to baby chicks... and if you're really daring, you can get large jelly beans and let them glue those to the pages too. (easter basket color page is good for that one)

All of those are things that Andrew has been doing for months and Andrew isn't much older than Cole.

Old 03-05-05, 04:24 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

this is a new one I'm going to try this year
(I'm posting the link because it's got lots of great pictures)

it's easy for kids that are under 2 (with mom's help) to do

And this one is cute too

Eventhough they don't really Do much of the craft (expcet use their hands for the tracing) they LOVE to watch you build the rest of it to make the final product.

this one looks good too!

Old 03-05-05, 05:43 PM
Banned

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

This year we are going to make easter baskets out of milk cartons (the 2L paper ones) I made them as a kid and it is so easy and fun to do.

Latest Articles
Baby Led Vs. Mommy Led Weaning
Sometimes babies decide when they would like to be weaned from breastfeeding, while others decide they would like to breastfeed forever and must be weaned by Mommy.

TTC Lingo: A Guide to Trying to Conceive Acronyms
Have you ever wondered what all the trying to conceive acronyms mean? Here are the most common acronyms used in online trying to conceive and fertility communities.

So Breech Babies Have To Be Delivered By Cesarean?
Researchers in one study discuss the dangers of delivering a baby in a breech presentation vaginally vs having a c-section.

Trouble Conceiving? You Might Have a Vitamin D Deficiency
One study is showing a connection between infertility in men and women who undergo IVF unsuccessfully are Vitamin D deficient.

Pregnant Women Should Get Whooping Cough Vaccine Experts Say
A new study has shown that pregnant women who receive the pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccine during pregnancy can protect herself and give her baby the antibodies needed for Whooping Cough protection before his/her first vaccination.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools