I bought a bunch of paci's for Molly
and she won't even take to one

Old 08-01-12, 08:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 46100%

Uh oh

I keep hearing that you can never predict what they're going to go for.

Old 08-01-12, 08:40 PM
is a stay at home Mommy<3
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 49750%

yeah, and I spent alot of money on different ones, well wasted :/ and you cant really resell those items unless they are still packaged and I took them all out before she was born. so be cautious. lol

Old 08-01-12, 09:03 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Many of my friends babies didn't take to the pacifiers. One friend has small tin container full of them b/c neither of sons never took them and now she doesn't know what to do with them. I'm sure she has thrown them out by now, lol!

We didn't introduce them until after a month, but even after that it still took both of mine until about 2 or 3 months. My older one discovered her thumb quickly, so she didn't really need it, but we still offered it at nap & bed times. (and she still sucks her thumb at 4 years old)

My lil man though? He NEEDED one- he was killing my boobs b/c I think he just always had to be sucking on something so I gladly gave it to him whenever he wanted it. He used his a lot more than his sister as a result and we dealt with his crying and crying to sleep, which was a new thing, for about 2 weeks when we took it away after he turned 1.

Latest Articles
Vitamin D Deficiency During Pregnancy Linked with Toddler Cavities
Researchers are finding that Vitamin D is important to women especially during pregnancy, and low vitamin d levels during pregnancy is now linked to cavities in toddlers.

New Fertility Monitor Helps Women Conceive
Now, fertility devices are available for women to wear to monitor and track their basal body temperature, which will pinpoint ovulation and provide the best chances for a couple to conceive.

Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools