Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool 2nd time moms - Advice needed

2nd time moms - Advice needed

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 02-16-07, 05:02 PM
Taylor's Mommy

Thanked 30 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Question 2nd time moms - Advice needed

When I picked Taylor up from my Mom's house at noon, she told me Taylor's right eye had been leaking. It's still leaking. The whites of her eyes are still white but the skin around her eye is a light pink.

Do you think it could by an allergy or maybe just some irritation. I don't know if I should call the pediatrician. More than likely, there is nothing they can do.

What do you think?

Old 02-16-07, 05:08 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Hailey's had a leaky eye since birth. Dr. said it's a clogged tear duct. It does get pink and irritated at the outside corner on some days. We also get gooey stuff in the inside corner.

It's worse if her nose is stuffed up.

I use a warm cloth and massage the inside corner and to also clean her eye.

Old 02-16-07, 06:35 PM
Mom to Frat.Twin Boys

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I know I'm not a 2nd time mom, but Isaac had this about a week ago. It was a clogged tear duct. I read that the solution is to rub just below the inside corner of the eye. Rub it down & "in" toward the nose. Rub about 6-7 times whenever you think about it (the book suggested to do it at each diaper change or each feeding - just to make it easier to remember). Just remember to wash your hands! I did this for Isaac & the weeping stopped within about 24 hours.

Old 02-17-07, 05:40 PM
Taylor's Mommy

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Thanks ladies! That's exactly what the pediatrician told me ~ block tear duct. I started "rubbing" it yesterday afternoon and today it's gone.

Thanks again!

Latest Articles
Traditional Chinese Medicine For Fertility and During Pregnancy
Traditional Chinese medicine can be used to help you conceive, and also during your pregnancy. But, what are the risks? Plus: Did you know you can tell if you are pregnant by checking your pulse?

Antibiotics Used During Pregnancy Linked to Child Obesity
A new study from Columbia University has found that antibiotic use during pregnancy is linked to later child obesity.

Celebrity Baby Watch November 2014
Find out whose pregnant, and whose expecting in our monthly celebrity pregnancy and births update for November, 2014.

The Importance of Baby Talk and Why Fathers Need to Do it More
A new study shows that verbal communication with babies happens more by Moms more than Dads. If you are a new Dad, here are some tips for talking more to your baby.

Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools