Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

4 month visit

Reply Post New Topic

• ~Sonya~ ~Sonya~'s Avatar 02-02-07 | 10:35 PM
  • Aibhlinn had her 4 month visit today. She now weighs 12lbs. 12oz., so she gained 2lbs. 12oz, almost 3 lbs, still around the 25th percentile. She is now 24 1/2 inches, so she grew 2 inches and is around the 50th percentile. And H.C. is 15 3/4. She was quite happy in the office and smiled and cooed at the pedi. Then I was standing behind her and she couldn't see where I was so she totally freaked out at the dr. and started screaming her head off. Talk about separation anxiety! And even when I held her but faced her out, she was puckering her lip at the pedi. She got two shots today and of course screamed and cried for what felt like forever. I asked if I could nurse her there in the room and they told me to stay as long as I wanted. Once I had her nursed, she was fine and took a brief nap on the way to my Dad's. Once we were there, she was extremely cranky and never let up. I finally took her home and she was cranky for the rest of the day/night until she finally fell asleep. I've been pumping her full of Tylenol every 4 hours but her legs are really bothering her. She doesn't want to be touched in that area at all! Hopefully, she'll be able to sleep tonight and start to feel a little better tomorrow.

Here's a before and after of the shots.
    Aivee right before we left for the dr.'s all smiley and happy-no idea what is to come.

Then tonight-not even one tiny smile-just a sad, sad girl
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 02-03-07 | 02:58 AM
  • Poor sweetie! But what pretty pics!
  • rosalind9298 rosalind9298's Avatar 02-06-07 | 12:50 PM
  • she sure is adorable!
    poor baby!
    glad to hear she is growing nicely! i hope her shots didn't bother her much longer!
  • illaheebaby 02-06-07 | 08:00 PM
  • she's so gorgeous! hope she feels better!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work