Baby Corner

Old 05-03-11, 03:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 37420%
Default Appropriate Song for Pre K Graduation??

Leslie and I were in the car with the kids yesterday and listening to the radio. The song, "Grenade" by Bruno Mars came on the radio. Kaydence piped up and said she knew that song, it was the one they were going to sing for the parents at her graduation ceremony later this month.

I'm not a prude or anything but the more I thought about it I'm not sure I feel that is a ok song for the kids (4-5yrs old) to sing.

These are the main lyrics I think are a little much:

Quote:
Id catch a grenade for ya
Throw my hand on a blade for ya
Id jump in front of a train for ya
I would go through all this pain,
Take a bullet straight through my brain,
So, is it just me or is that a little much for a PreK class??

Old 05-03-11, 03:21 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

No that does not sound like any lyrics I would want my young child to sing. Maybe she's mistaken the song with something else or maybe they are only signing part of the song. I would check with the teacher.

Old 05-03-11, 07:10 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I would totally call about that one I would definitely want calrification.

Old 05-03-11, 09:50 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

I really highly doubt that's the song. If so, I would imagine it's rewritten with that tune and other words. I'd call and ask. It doesn't even have anything to do with graduating/moving on, etc. If that really *is* the song, yes, I'd have a problem with it....
Good rule of thumb to know: I always tell my parents -- If you don't believe everything your kids say happens at school, I won't believe everything they say happens at home. Definitely ask if something sounds strange!
Thank you 3Princes!
savannah33 (05-04-11)

Old 05-04-11, 01:08 AM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Maybe it is (hopefully) another Bruno Mars song like "count on me"? Hopefully it isn't the Lazy song. LOL!

If it really is Grenade, that is inappropriate unless the lyrics are changed and their just using the melody.

Good rule Jeanne, and so true. DD had us believing her preschool teacher was taking a trip to Africa. Here she was in Erie for a wedding. LOL!

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools