Baby Corner

Old 02-20-09, 11:20 AM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Default Aren't siblings fun?

The girls both had a tummy bug and were up all night (or maybe it was just me and they both dosed on and off) night before last.

Around 3 in the morning, after Becca had her 3rd diarrhea accident, I told her she had to put a diaper on. This started the debate about baby vs. big girl, but after a little convincing, she was willing.

Susan woke up as I was the diaper on and said, "Mommy, I thought Becca wasn't a baby anymore."

I gave her the don't-even-think-about-continuing-that-thought look, and told her "She's not."

She completely ignored my look and said, "Well, why is she wearing a diaper?"

Becca, who had been lethargic and lifeless all evening and night found some strange source of energy to screech, "I am not a baby!!!!" while flailing her arms and legs (kind of defeating her point ).

Susan didn't miss a beat and said, "Why are you wearing a diaper then?"

I snapped back, "Susan, you aren't helping!"

Why would they push me when I've had no sleep and I'm ready to snap? If she hadn't been feeling bad too....

I know my brother and I didn't do that (although my parents would probably disagree). Are all siblings this fun or just sisters?

Old 02-20-09, 12:13 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 282%

Oh, yuck! I hope they get over it soon.
My brother and I got into it throughout our entire childhoods, until we were in HS. Hang in there.

Old 02-20-09, 01:21 PM
Amanda,Krystal,Ambers Mom

Thanked 73 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

LOL i remember many times getting into it with one of my siblings. We are fighting the yuckies here too I hope your girls feel better soon.

Old 02-20-09, 02:11 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Oh Alison...I feel for you. Two with the tummy bug is hard to deal with (and on your own too!). I hope they are feeling better soon.
My sister and I fought like cats & dogs until I moved out of the house. My two are paying me back for it...Noah will pester Sophia just as a brother should

Old 02-20-09, 02:35 PM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I know my brother and I probably had our share of fights. However, we grew up out in the country away from other kids, so if we were mad at each other, we had no one else to play with. Therefore, I think we have always had an close relationship.

I can't wait for the girls to hit the teenage years (I hope the sarcasm is evident ). I'll be wishing they only annoyed each other a little bit.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools