Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

back to doc

Reply Post New Topic

• dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 01-18-07 | 01:53 PM
  • ok this is crazy, ava was worse after 3 days on med, so itook her back, her ears, now both of them, were way worse, she said severe ear infections. so the amoxicillin did not work, like every other antibiotic we have tried, and she had to get the shot again of antibiotic. it hurt her so bad, and now she needs tubes asap. where she has had 3 infections in 6 months, i have history of tubes, wgich can be hereditary, and no med will help her, they want her to get tubes within the next month. which means panic attacks daily for me having to put her under. i am freaking, does anyone know about the procedure itself, and what it entails? help, i am freaking, and did i mention we have not slept for the last 5 nights more than 3 hours!! the shot is supposed to work woth 6 hours, and she got it at 9 last night, so hopefully tonight we get sleep. than my dh has the nerve to ask why i am so cranky, well he works night and sleeps during day while we are gone, so the A$% would have no clue. i wamt to scream, and cry at the same time
    diane
  • Erinn Erinn's Avatar 01-18-07 | 02:49 PM
  • I am so sorry Ava is still sick and has to get tubes. I have no experience with them but I can imagine how scared you must be.
  • Jenivere Jenivere's Avatar 01-18-07 | 04:00 PM
  • I know nothing about tubes but I do want to ask if you have tried any pro-biotics like yogurt or liquid acidophilus? [url]http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T080400.asp[/url] He talks about a powder form but I always get it in liquid from the health food store. For ear infections I try to avoid antibiotics if I can so I use things like olive, garlic and lobelia oil in the ears ( as long as the ear drum hasn't ruptured). I've avoided anti-biotics on multiple occasions when it comes to my kids. You can find garlic mullein ear oil in health food stores. I just wanted to offer you some other options.

My daughter was sedated for some dental work and I was a wreck so I know how scary that can be. I hope all goes well.
  • dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 01-18-07 | 04:55 PM
  • i have not tried anything other than yogurt, but i guess when your child is screaming in pain for 5 nights, you assume the antibiotic would work right? At this point, and the last 2 she had, its gotten severe. Plus with my history, and everything else considered, i think its the best choice for us. i think i will be fime knowing that after that we will not have to see Ava in so much pain like this again, maybe its because she has always been such a happy baby, but this has been absolutely horrible, she was in so much pain, and with motrin given too the doc said it probably just took a little edge off. i think it was on the way to rupturing, which i have had happen too. i just remember growing up getting them and how much pain i was in. my poor pumpkin!!!
    diane
  • Niki1202 Niki1202's Avatar 01-18-07 | 09:23 PM
  • Oh Diane, I'M SO SORRY you and Ava are going through this...my heart breaks reading your post. The thought of your child being in so much pain and not being able to help them is terrible.
    I can't help you about the sedatives, I'm sure everything will be fine with Ava, and once it's over she will not have to suffer like this anymore.
    Sorry that DH is not being supportive, maybe he's dealing with this his own way. If you do need to cry, it could help sometimes, but know that Ava will be just fine. She is a strong girl and all will be just fine.

Latest Articles

Baby Corner Writer Submission Guidelines

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations melissa0718!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo