Baby Corner

Old 03-24-07, 03:48 PM
Gavyn's Mommy

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.91%

Right now we switch the carseat between cars. Ours is really easy to install and uninstall. We don't switch it often though, it's usually just in my Jeep.

But within the next few months are are going to invest in another Decathalon. We know we want more babies, or at least one more, and it would help a lot to have two seats that go up to 65lbs.

I forgot that it does have the adjustable crotch. We haven't moved it yet, I'll have to check it out!

Old 03-24-07, 03:56 PM
Gavyn's Mommy

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

We are keeping Gavyn rear facing until the seat can't face the rear anymore.

I found this video through the link Jen posted:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kRP7ynNI8mI

I've been researching the benefits for awhile and hadn't quite decided, but that video just made my decision. I think a girl made it for her sister who has a baby to get her to realize the importance.

Old 03-24-07, 09:13 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

I was just like you Brooke - I wasn't really sure about keeping Cora rear facing for as long as she could. I have spent tons of time on that other website about car safety and at first the pictures of all the older children facing backwards bothered me because they looked uncomfortable with their legs all sqooshed. After lots of reading I decided that Cora is SO much safer rear facing, (even though I would love for her to face forward.) After reading everything about it I almost wish they would make it mandatory to keep a baby rear facing for longer.

Old 03-24-07, 10:44 PM
Gavyn's Mommy

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

I had been researching it for awhile too and just wasn't fully decided. I figured we'd decide when he turned a year. Now we'll keep him facing the rear as LONG as possible. I kind of wish it were mandatory too! Everyone says the thing about the legs being squished, but after seeing the crash tests in that video, I'd rather Gavyn suffer a broken leg than a broken neck! They even said that there have been NO leg injuries reported because of extended rear facing.

Old 03-25-07, 12:36 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

I agree Brooke! A broken leg is much easier to deal with than a broken neck or spine injury. I wonder if there aren't any leg injurys because these little babies/kids are SO flexible. Cora is always sitting in very uncomfy looking positions, but she seems perfectly content.

Last edited by Jen_C; 03-25-07 at 08:44 PM.

Latest Articles
Boost Your Fertility With Diet
Boosting your chances of conceiving can be as simple as making a few changes in your nutrition and diet, starting today.

Humor in Pregnancy and Parenthood a Necessity!
There sure are stressful times during pregnancy, and in being a parent, but humor in pregnancy and parenthood is a must have if you're going to survive!

Baby Development: When Will Baby Be Rolling Over
Find out when to expect your baby to roll over, how to know he's ready, and how to keep your baby safe when the rolling begins.

When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools