Baby Corner

Old 12-21-09, 01:17 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.82%
Thumbs down Christmas tree

I am SOO ready to take down my Christmas tree! It's a daily issue and honestly driving me NUTS. My two energetic toddlers keep throwing balls, toys, and anything else AT the tree. They've broken a few ornaments and lost a few toys in the tree. I went downstairs to switch the laundry and when I came up there were a ton of my little ponies stuck in the top half of the tree. After Christmas I am taking all the ornaments off.

I have a little tree for them to play with, but they like to throw it, knock it over, and throw all the little ornaments. So I decided that one is gone from now on.

We're having major tree issues

Old 12-21-09, 09:03 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

YIKES! i have to say the first day we put ours up i made it very clear we do not touch the tree or any ornaments on it, and neither of them have touched it since! I am in shock! But i would feel the same way if they were all over too! Good luck!
Thank you dianelynn77!
Jen_C (12-23-09)

Old 12-21-09, 10:43 PM
is accepting its winter
Community Member

Thanked 89 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

I was scared to put ours up & waited until sat so far so good I put some big bells around the bottom so I can hear if Grayson is messing with it so far is working so I can get there quick to distract him. Good luck to you & hopefully you survive just a few more days.
Thank you momofthreeboyz!
Jen_C (12-23-09)

Old 12-26-09, 07:12 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 10.91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianelynn77 View Post
YIKES! i have to say the first day we put ours up i made it very clear we do not touch the tree or any ornaments on it, and neither of them have touched it since! I am in shock! But i would feel the same way if they were all over too! Good luck!
That WOULD be a shocker in my house

Marek has broken a few of the fragile ornaments I hung up top by smacking them with his hockey stick (which now resides on the top of the closet shelf). Nothing like coming to find shards of glass hanging from hooks and lots of shattered pieces in the branches. And Lukas has gotten hold of several of the "unbreakable" ornaments and either broken or chewed off pieces of them. We're down about 8 ornaments in the last two weeks.

Old 12-27-09, 03:48 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Rudi I serously think our kids are very similar

Cora has broken a few ornaments as well! Preston was standing by the tree CHEWING on a plastic ornament I got from college. He was just standing there chewing away on the plastic like it was no big deal.

Our tree is coming down tonight or tomorrow.

Latest Articles
Traditional Chinese Medicine For Fertility and During Pregnancy
Traditional Chinese medicine can be used to help you conceive, and also during your pregnancy. But, what are the risks? Plus: Did you know you can tell if you are pregnant by checking your pulse?

Antibiotics Used During Pregnancy Linked to Child Obesity
A new study from Columbia University has found that antibiotic use during pregnancy is linked to later child obesity.

Celebrity Baby Watch November 2014
Find out whose pregnant, and whose expecting in our monthly celebrity pregnancy and births update for November, 2014.

The Importance of Baby Talk and Why Fathers Need to Do it More
A new study shows that verbal communication with babies happens more by Moms more than Dads. If you are a new Dad, here are some tips for talking more to your baby.

Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools