Baby Corner

Old 06-19-07, 10:07 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default day of appointments

well today was Ava's one year check up. She is 21 pounds, and 30 and a half inches long. Her doc was real happy with her ears and how well the tubes have worked for her. It was a good appointment, but since she is not officially one till next week, they would not do her shots, becasue they said the school would not count it once she attends kindergarten unless its after her 1 year bday. So at 15 months we will get them, fine with me though.

I had my ob app. too. They heard the heart beat on my tummy, so that was great. I like my new ob, they let you book as many future appointments as you want. I booked my 18 week ultra sound to find out the sex, its August 14th, so where most people will be looking for the summer to not end, I will be counting down the days till August!!!!

I talked to her about my issues, and she suggested I start zoloft. I am hesitant to do so, becasue she did tell me a few risks of the baby having a few withdrawl issues after birth. she said its obviously nothing like a cocaine addict baby, or etc.. but i am a little hesitant to do this to my baby. Its a catch 22, do i stay like this for 7 months, or help myself now, and hope the baby is ok. I mean I figure they would not give it iof they were really concerned right?? Something for me to thoink about in the next day or so.

Old 06-19-07, 10:49 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

Glad to hear both of your appts went well. That's a tough call about the Zoloft - I don't know what I would do. Depression is an important thing to handle though, both for you and the babies. Take care of yourself.

Old 06-19-07, 10:55 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm so glad both appointments went so well!!!

Great job Ava!!! She's doing awesome. I'm so glad the tubes have helped her stay ear infection free

That's great that you found an obgyn that you feel comfortable with - that's wonderful. That is a super hard decision about the zoloft. I don't know what I would do - I think I would do what your doing now, take a few days and think about it. We're here for you if you ever need to chat or just vent away. Take good care of yourself.

Old 06-19-07, 11:04 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Ava's doing so well. You are doing a great job.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to talk to your doctor about your depression. It is a very difficult decision to make, you want to do what's best for both you and the baby. I'm not sure what I would do in your position. Take care of yourself and take time for yourself as well. We are here for you.

Old 06-19-07, 11:06 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Minique, in your field do you see any after affects of babies that were born like this? any help would be great?

i was reassured by ob that they would not prescibe something that would really harm the baby, buth then why does she tell me the side effectsetc.... i know they have to. I think i am gonna start to focus on relaxation techniques, reading, baths, etc, and see if I feel better in the next few days when I am researching the zoloft. If i feel better with that, I will not take it. ???????

Latest Articles
Out of the Mouth of Babes: Preventing Embarrassing Toddler Moments
Your toddler's ears are amazing! They hear everything, and replays like a tape recorder. Here are a few tips to prevent your toddler from replaying the embarrassing recorded words he hears.

Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools