Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool feeling terrible guilt

feeling terrible guilt

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-14-08, 12:48 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.91%
Default feeling terrible guilt

I booked a trip to visit my family in a few weeks for a week. Obviously I will be taking Joy. I love to visit my family, but this is the first time Joy has been away from her Dad. He is going to miss her so much. I feel just terrible about taking her away from him. It's breaking my heart. I just really hope her not seeing him for a week doesn't cause her to forget him. She loves her Dad sometimes more than me I think. I would hate to be the cause of anything between them. I know he isn't very excited about this at all. Tonight he seriously suggested she stay with him, but the entire point of him staying was to save vacation time for a fun family trip this fall. Sigh. This is going to be really hard.

Last edited by baby hungry; 03-14-08 at 12:53 AM.

Old 03-14-08, 12:58 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

Joy won't forget her daddy and she will just be so much more in love and happy to have daddy time when she returns. I am sure the trip will go great for you guys and it will be so nice for you to see your family

Old 03-14-08, 01:02 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

Thanks Farah.

How do military families do it? I can't imagine Bryan or me being gone for months and months. It makes me really have compassion for the sacrifice they make.

Old 03-14-08, 01:36 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 152 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

Susanne please don't feel guilty. She will not forget Bryan at all. I had to go away for a few weeks when Kayleigh was 2 1/2 and her and I went to CA to help out my SIL who had surgery. Ed and I were worried about the same things you are and he suggested he fly out on the weekends so he could see us. He didn't end up doing that, but everything went fine and we still have a voicemail message on our machine 2 1/2 yrs later of her calling him and saying goodnight. Do you guys have a webcam? If you do that might help. Ed is traveling a lot more now and that is what we're going to start doing so they can see each other while they are away.

You'll have a great time away and Joy will have a lot of fun with your family. It is going to be tough on Bryan and I can understand that.

Old 03-14-08, 08:41 AM
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

I agree, Joy won't forget her daddy. Just before my second daughters 1st b-day my hubby went to Germany for work. He was gone 2wks & when he got home she was sooooo excited to see him! Babies are pretty smart & they know who their parents are
Have a fun vacation

Latest Articles
10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools