Baby Corner

Old 12-03-06, 09:00 AM
Finally...Mommy to Derek!

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.11%
Wink Follow-up Appointment

OK, so Derek had his follow-up doctor's appointment on Friday. At 6 mo, 1 week... he's weighing in at 20lbs 7oz. My little guy isn't so little! And to think he was waaaay under weight when he was 2 months old! Not any more!!

Anyways, his ear infection is clearing up but still a little aggrevated. The doctor decide not to put him back on antibiotics since he's been on them so much. His lungs sound super clear so the bronchiolitis is clearing up also.

He's still got one nasty cough though. The doctor told me to be patient with it. But, as a new mommy it's been really really hard to be patient when he's sick. She said his coughing sounds more viral than bacterial. She could tell that I'm sick and said that he and I are just passing it back and forth.

Amazingly, I have been sick for 3 months straight now. No kidding. Just when I start to feel better, something else gets me. Keep me in your thoughts please. Being this sick for this long is started to get me down. I'm so depressed over not being healthy...especially since Derek needs his mommy to be well.

Old 12-03-06, 01:05 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

I'm sorry you two have been so sick!!! That is HORRIBLE. I will definitely be thinking of you two and praying that you will both feel better very soon.

Old 12-03-06, 04:54 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 156.67%

Ugh for being so sick! It IS sooo hard to wait out a cough. When Aislinn had RSV it was awful to listen to her. I hope you're feeling better soon. How do you manage to keep getting sick - are you a teacher?
for Derek being a healthy boy!

Old 12-03-06, 07:03 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

Sorry that you are sick Jess, that's terrible. Glad to hear that Derek is doing much better, and I hope he will be all done with the cough in no time. WTG on the healthy weight!

Old 12-03-06, 08:35 PM
Finally...Mommy to Derek!

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

I'm not sure why I'm getting so sick. It's so frustrating. All the doctor could say was that Derek and I were passing it between the two of us. He's definitely picking it up from daycare. ALL of the other babies are sick too.

Latest Articles
Sympathetic to a Fault? Fathers Who Experience Pregnancy Symptoms
Some expectant fathers experience pregnancy symptoms similar to their pregnant wives. As men become more involved during pregnancy and in parenthood, Couvade syndrome is becoming more common.

PCOS: Lifestyle Changes to Boost Fertility
While PCOS can cause infertility, there are a few things a woman can do to increase her changes of becoming pregnant, including lifestyle changes. Here are a few things you can do.

Winter Babies Crawl Sooner
Does the season affect when your baby will start to crawl? According to this study, winter babies crawl sooner than summer babies.

Kate Middleton Pregnant: Second Royal Baby on the Way
The rumors are true! Kate Middleton and Prince William are expecting their second baby. Get the details inside.

What You Should Know about Enterovirus-68
Enterovirus-68, a respiratory virus that has hundreds of children treated in the hospital is spreading across the country. Here's what you need to know if your baby or child gets sick.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools