Baby Corner

Old 12-29-06, 06:39 AM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Food :)

So how often is everyone's little ones eating solids? Cora is still eating them twice a day, but I was just wondering when to start shooting for 3 times a day. Has anyone tried any table foods yet? Our doc. mentioned Cora can have table foods if they are mashed. So I've tried mashed potatoes but she really didn't like them. I also tried real green beans, just mashed up a bit, and she hated those too. I guess she only likes runny baby food lol.

Old 12-29-06, 12:02 PM
OMG I have 4 kids! :)

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Keller has had avocado, steamed sweet potato, peaches in the mesh feeder, bits of soft bread, bits of soft muffins, and bits of mashed banana so far.

Old 12-29-06, 08:57 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am going to start giving the twins solids three times a day starting this week (they are going to be 8 months old). I think they need the extra meal now. We've started "table" foods - bread, mango, cucumber, cheese, rice crackers (called Baby Mum-Mums), there is more but I can't think of it right now. Sophia really gets into what we are eating and has tried a few new things. Everything gets cut up really small to help encourage them to learn chewing. We did try mashed potatoes (not too impressed by it) and sweet potato (did not want any part of it).

Old 12-31-06, 03:22 PM
Finally...Mommy to Derek!

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well... I think we are up to 3-4 times a day depending how hungry Derek is. We're doing cereal/oatameal in the morning, some fruit mid-day, and some veggies for dinner with cereal. Sometimes a fourth solid is thrown into the mix if he's really hungry.

Old 12-31-06, 04:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Avery is still eating solids twice a day. Lunch and dinner. I think I will wait another month and I will give her solids 3 times. She has not had any table foods yet, but I'm excited to try.
She loves all her baby food and cereal so I'm not worried about her being a picky eater (though this can change). She has not had any "chunky" food. I'm a bit nervous giving it to her...I don't know how she will react to it.
Sorry to go off topic, Jen, but how do I introduce "chunky" foods to her? What should I give her to start?
Post Reply Post New Topic  

« Wahoo!!! | So girly »

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools