Baby Corner

Old 01-02-07, 10:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Kara's had a lick or two of food so far.

Old 01-02-07, 11:22 PM
Canadian Friend

Thanked 24 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke208
^ Thanks for the info. I remember reading that they need 5 servings of fruit and veggies each day and I don't think he's getting that much. My fiances mom told me maybe he's drinking too much formula, but I thought the same thing about up to 30oz.
I'm not sure if you know.....but Cody has PKU!! We deal with a lot of doc's on his diet since that is a huge factor to controlling his PKU (children with PKU cannot process a part of the protein called phenylalanine) So foods high in protein he may never be able to eat!! So they have cody on a "normal healthy" baby diet. We were told that if the baby wants formula....give it to him... That is his main source of food!!! Like you guys i get concerned about the amount of things Cody eats and drinks! (that could raise his levels) Right now Cody gets a 6 oz bottle when he wakes up. it depends on the time but the next feeding I give him 6 oz of formula and a bit of cereal ( any kind) If he isn't hungry ...which has been happening a lot we skip that and i give him 5 oz of formula 1/2 jar of a veggie and 1/2 jar of fruit. for dinner i give him the rest of the jars and 5 oz of formula. Then before bed he get 7 oz of formula! The most formula he gets is 29 oz ...sometimes 23 oz. I also have to be sure to give him one cheese yogurt at some point in the day. Since Cody has to have blood work every month i have to be sure and constant on what he eats because we don't want a spike in his blood levels! I know you guys don;t have to be concerned about that stuff but what i am trying to get at is that his diet is monitored very close by doctors you guys sound like your doing a GREAT job!! Every time we go for blood work I pray that there isn't a spike...because uncontrolled PKU is not nice!!! Well that is my story .....thanks for reading!!

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools