Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Getting dressed

Reply Post New Topic

• Erinn Erinn's Avatar 02-16-09 | 08:48 PM
  • Sophia has been dressing herself for a while. She's now insisting to pick out her own clothes She was so funny this morning. She picked out a purple top and wanted her purple pants to go with it. She has 2 pair and told me that the ones I gave her were to "big" and wanted the other ones. I couldn't figure out what she meant by big because the ones she wanted were much longer. Turns out, big meant they were a heavier denim. Took me a while to figure that one out.
  • ~babydoll~ ~babydoll~'s Avatar 02-16-09 | 10:57 PM
  • How their minds work to make sense of the world . . .
    Aislinn is also particular about clothes, and I've been letting her make choices about what to wear for a while. She refuses to wear pink unless there's something special on it (hearts, etc.) and prefers her "plain blue" or purple panties to the others. Pink ones are the emergency panties in the diaper bag or at school!
  • TTUAlison TTUAlison's Avatar 02-17-09 | 09:40 AM
  • How cute! Becca loves to pick out her own outfit, and she'll put it on before showing me, so she often doesn't match. Poor child has no sense of style.
  • Erinn Erinn's Avatar 02-17-09 | 12:11 PM
  • I think Sophia would have a meltdown if it didn't match! I've created a monster already.
  • dianelynn77 dianelynn77's Avatar 02-17-09 | 10:49 PM
  • isn't it funny how they like certain things? Ava has this one sweater, and if i allowed her to she would pick it every day! she loves it, and i cant figure out why!