Baby Corner

Old 02-08-11, 09:40 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default got caught with my pants down

So there was allll kinds of drama at Matthew's preschool this past week, and I wound up in the thick of it! I'm still kicking myself for getting sucked in, but I guess good did come of it. Kinda.

So at Matthew's birthday party, there were only 3 kids from his school. 2 of the parents are sisters and they started asking me how I liked the school. Well, I indicated that we weren't going back the next year. One thing led to another and the 4 of us were talking about how unimpressed we were. WELL, I found out later that the one lady is notorious for causing drama, and she went to the owner and complained like crazy. She said that she found out that "nobody" is going back there next year, and she found it all out at matthew's party (I ONLY wish that there had been that many people, lol).

I kinda got the tip off that I'd been busted from one of the other moms, but I was still really surprised when I got a call from the owner herself wanting to discuss the concerns I had about the preschool.

I had a nice talk with the owner, and she wasn't as on board with a lot of the things going on there as I thought she was. I toldher that 12 kids by yourself is just too many when they're 3 years old, in additon to this woman being, um, less then stellar. She agreed with most of what I said, and even asked me for suggestions of more appropriate activities, etc.

I found out in the conversation though that she teaches the 4 year olds class, and they are over ratio this year, so she has a part time aide. This pretty much sealed the deal that Matthew won't be going there next year. The whole reason I sent him there was because I wanted him to have more individual attention, andbeing in a class with 14 kids isnt going to do that.

so anyway, I hopefully learned my lesson on this one!

Old 02-08-11, 09:41 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Oh, and I did apologize profusely for not calling her directlyto discuss my concerns. I was wrong to do that, and said so.

Old 02-08-11, 10:02 PM
is accepting its winter
Community Member

Thanked 89 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Keep it to yourself for sure there is always one in the crowd that will burn ya.

Old 02-09-11, 05:57 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

Old 02-09-11, 09:00 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Ugh. Sorry you got sucked in to the drama.

Latest Articles
New Fertility Monitor Helps Women Conceive
Now, fertility devices are available for women to wear to monitor and track their basal body temperature, which will pinpoint ovulation and provide the best chances for a couple to conceive.

Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools