Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool >
Great.... my 2 1/2 year old is cio.

Great.... my 2 1/2 year old is cio.

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 09-02-09 | 09:09 PM
  • Matthew had some sleep issues early on but he slept through the night from about 19 months on or so.

Recently he's taken to wanting to take things to bed with him, which is fine. He wants a book, his bear, and 1-2 cars. Plus he has his music box thingee.

All was fine and good, until now he wants assistance with one of these things. His music isn't working right, cry cry cry. He dropped his car, cry. He can't find his bear.. cry. Then, the other night he just said "I wanted to see you mommy." This was going on for an hour or more.

I realized that I can't let this go on, but I feel bad when he cries. I told him last night that I needed to go to bed too so I couldn't come in. he cried for a few minutes and went to sleep. Tonight he cried for about 5-6 minutes but was really screaming- really upset. He was crying for his bear, which ended up being in his bed already anyway. I of course went up there but now he seems to be sleeping.

Anyway, I can't believe he's crying at bedtime now.
  • imagine imagine's Avatar 09-03-09 | 08:51 AM
  • awww! I hope it gets better soon! I would limit the items so he has less to fuss about!! lol good luck!
  • DanieH DanieH's Avatar 09-03-09 | 11:00 AM
  • We go through that every once in awhile when shes in trouble and goes to bed early. *hugs*
  • Christineb Christineb's Avatar 09-03-09 | 01:27 PM
  • Hope it's just a phase....stick to your guns!
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 09-03-09 | 02:02 PM
  • Good luck! Erin started crying at night recently too-I hope it gets better soon!

Latest Articles

Baby Corner Writer Submission Guidelines

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations melissa0718!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo