Baby Corner

Old 09-06-07, 11:21 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 1922%
Question Her schedule

Nicole normally wakes up twice a night...around 3ish and then again around 6ish. after putting her to bed between 930-10pm. After her 2nd feeding during the night, she will sleep til about 9am...stay up for a awhile, have a little nap and then have a big nap from 12-5. Is this normal? . I know its mentioned when LO is hungry they will wake up...but I just cannot believe it.

Then the last two days after coming home from work, I will try to feed her when she wakes and just makes a fuss and pushes away. You figured the last time she was fed was about 1130 -12 and its pushing 430-5pm. I was getting worried that she doesnt want me to feed her anymore, but when DH gave her the bottle, she only drank an 1oz. I normally will force her on my boob and she winds up taking it..but whats the deal?

Old 09-06-07, 11:38 AM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 12%

Does she fuss when she wakes up? How soon after she wakes do you try to feed her? Maybe she's just the type where after a long sleep she needs to wake up for a few minutes and play before she's ready to eat?

Sienna isn't really on a schedule yet, although she is getting closer! Usu she will sleep from the time she goes to bed (11:15 or 12:00 depending on when DH and I go to bed and when she needs to eat) then she sleeps until around 7 or 7:30 in the morning. She eats and goes back to sleep for about 3 hours then wakes up and eats. Sometimes she stays awake for awhile after that and sometimes she goes back to sleep. The rest of the day kind of depends on when she feels like sleeping, however she does take a nap every day when DS is napping, just not for as long a time as he naps for ( he sleeps about 2-3 hours and she usully only sleeps about half that time.) Her "cranky time" usually starts around 8 and if she falls asleep it ends whenever that happens, otherwise it's on and off for a couple of hours!

I really need to get this girlie on a schedule!

Old 09-06-07, 11:51 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 1922%

For the most part, when she wakes up shes just sitting there. The only time shes really crying is during the night..other than that...shes actually content.

Latest Articles
Baby Led Vs. Mommy Led Weaning
Sometimes babies decide when they would like to be weaned from breastfeeding, while others decide they would like to breastfeed forever and must be weaned by Mommy.

TTC Lingo: A Guide to Trying to Conceive Acronyms
Have you ever wondered what all the trying to conceive acronyms mean? Here are the most common acronyms used in online trying to conceive and fertility communities.

So Breech Babies Have To Be Delivered By Cesarean?
Researchers in one study discuss the dangers of delivering a baby in a breech presentation vaginally vs having a c-section.

Trouble Conceiving? You Might Have a Vitamin D Deficiency
One study is showing a connection between infertility in men and women who undergo IVF unsuccessfully are Vitamin D deficient.

Pregnant Women Should Get Whooping Cough Vaccine Experts Say
A new study has shown that pregnant women who receive the pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccine during pregnancy can protect herself and give her baby the antibodies needed for Whooping Cough protection before his/her first vaccination.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools