Baby Corner

Old 12-04-06, 05:52 AM
Julia's mommy

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Talking Holiday traditions......

I have been trying to come up with a few holiday traditions to start with Julia. I want to do a few things that she is going to really remember every year. Granted, I know she isn't going to remember anything for the next few years but I would like to start them now.

Someone suggested buying her new Christmas or winter PJ's every year and letting her open them on Christmas Eve and wearing them that night so has them on Christmas morning. I liked that idea and will definitely be doing it.

After LOTS of thought I'm going to do this.....every year I'm going to take her to see Santa and have her picture taken. I'm going to take the picture to Walmart and have a plate made with it. Then we'll use that plate to put cookies out for Santa on Christmas eve! Isn't that a cute idea? I think this is something she'll remember and hopefully do with her kids someday. And she'll always have the plate as memento's.

If anyone has holiday traditions they'd like to share, please do!

Old 12-04-06, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 185 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

We make a Happy Birthday Jesus cake and sing to Him. DH doesn't get into it, but the boys love it!!

I like getting presents for underpriviliged children and letting the boys help.

We go to a tree farm every year to pick out a tree. It is great fun and I love watching the boys run around looking at trees.

Maybe get a new Christmas music CD every year to listen to as you trim the tree.

DH's family watches National Lampoons Christmas vacation as a tradition.

And I like to get the boys to make an ornament for our tree every year. I don't have a showy tree, it is a kids tree with lots of fun stuff on it. I always thought our tree was magical every year as a child, and it was so much fun to open the ornament box and remember all the ornaments we made as children.

Old 12-04-06, 09:17 AM
Julia's mommy

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I always buy Toys For Tots, off the tree at Target and toys and food for our local Humane Society. I guess I never really thougt of it as a tradition but will definitely be doing it with her when she's a little older.

DH and I watch Christmas Vacation every year the day after Thanksgiving while we put the tree up.

Old 12-04-06, 11:14 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Dee- those are GREAT ideas. One thing that we love to do each year is look at lights. We drive around usuallu about 2-3 times a week at night during the holiday season and just admire everyone's Christmas lights. Aedan loves it so much and talks about it every year.

Old 12-04-06, 02:11 PM
Canadian Friend

Thanked 24 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

This is a wondeful Post!! It really makes you think of Christmas growing up!! We too bought a pair of Christams pj's for Cody, took him to see Santa, we also watched the Polar Express while putting the tree up!! Oh and taking him to Church on Christmas Eve or Day will be the biggest tradition!! I just love the feeling of Christmas this year..Cody sure makes it complete now!!

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools