Baby Corner

Old 05-14-07, 11:35 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default how do I

i am battling woith myself how and when to tell the women i work for that i am expecting!! First off, she has been trying for another baby since Ava was born. She had asked me if I would continue to watch her kids if she had another, and I said yes. She has been trying for a while now, and I know how i felt when i was trying with Ava, for other people to tell me they were, so I have to watch the approach of telling her.
Secondly, I do not expect her to allow me to take my 2 kids to work with me, so I am expecting her to find someone to take over for me. Do I wait till i am 12 weeks, and then if she lets me go then I need to find a job with benefits that I most likely will not be able to take Ava with me. Then i chance that i may be showing and it may be hard for me to get a new job.
Or,
do i tell her now, and give us both time to figure out whats best for everyone. we get along great, and she is really good to me, and i hate to leave her out and have it be a secret for what seems like a long time.??

what would you do?

Old 05-14-07, 11:43 AM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Having never dealt with infertility, I have no idea when the right time is or what the right words should be. Good luck in making your decision and I hope you are able to find another job quickly and easily if it comes to that.

Old 05-14-07, 01:27 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm not too sure about the timing -- even at 12 weeks you're giving her lots of time to find a replacement.

Having been through infertility you know how hard it will be to tell her. Think about the way you wanted to be told and even mention how difficult things were when you were trying to conceive Ava. I'm sure she will be happy that it was much easier for you this time. It's a hard situation. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Latest Articles
Out of the Mouth of Babes: Preventing Embarrassing Toddler Moments
Your toddler's ears are amazing! They hear everything, and replays like a tape recorder. Here are a few tips to prevent your toddler from replaying the embarrassing recorded words he hears.

Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools