Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool how do you put your baby to sleep?

how do you put your baby to sleep?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-10-07, 10:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.87%
Default how do you put your baby to sleep?

Do you rock/hold him/her? Or do you just put them down and let them fuss a bit? We've been holding/rocking Lucy to sleep then putting her down, but the past few days I'm starting to think she's getting a little too used to it. She's starting to wake up 10-15 min later wanting to be picked up. I remember it being a somewhat painful process to "teach" Maddy to fall asleep on her own - a lot of crying, shhhing, etc - but I can't remember how early we started the process. I'm thinking of starting now with Lucy but 5 weeks still seems a little young. What is everyone else doing and if you are doing any "sleep training", how early did you start?

Old 10-10-07, 11:19 AM
Isabella

Thanked 44 Times
Weekly Activity 1.87%

It's been a few weeks now that Bella has been falling asleep on her own. I wait until I know she is tired, give her the last feeding of the night, give her some hugs, kisses and cuddles and put her in her crib. She is content to look around for 10-15 minutes and then eventually falls asleep. She seems to like to unwind on her own and doesn't seem to fuss. I feel very lucky that she likes this bedtime process.

Old 10-10-07, 11:51 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.87%

I do both, in my arms or on his own.

Old 10-10-07, 12:30 PM
MOM

Thanked 34 Times
Weekly Activity 1.87%

I started this with Alexa 2 days ago after reading the baby whisperer books. During the night I still rock her to sleep. I find that it works well when she is in her happy place but when she is overtired and cranky I need to rock her to sleep. This morning I put her on her play mat and she was happy and cooing when I went into the shower, when I got out I found her fast asleep. The recommendation I got from others is to form good sleep habits as early as possible but start focusing on it after 6 weeks. Alexa is 8 weeks now so I am a little behind schedule.

Jo

Jo

Old 10-10-07, 01:42 PM
is mommy to 3 divas and a little man
Toddler and Twin Mommy

Thanked 69 Times
Weekly Activity 161.2%

I rock her to sleep. Some times just falls asleep after finishing a bottle. Bedtime is when she wants to be rocked the most. Naptime it doesn't seem to matter too much to her.

Latest Articles
The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

Cloth Diapers vs Disposables
Should you use cloth diapers, or disposable? Find out with our cloth vs disposable diaper buying guide, and get advice on how best to choose.

How Often Should Your Baby Poop?
Find out how often your baby should poop, how you can tell if your baby might be constipated, and what treatment options are available if your baby is constipated.

Baby Bottles: Which Ones Should You Choose?
When buying baby bottles, there is a vast array of choices for expectant Moms to choose from. Here are some considerations for making this important purchase.

Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets During Pregnant
If you are pregnant with celiac disease, you will need to take extra precautions to make sure you are eating healthy, and getting enough nutrients when eating a gluten free diet.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools