Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool how do you put your baby to sleep?

how do you put your baby to sleep?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-10-07, 10:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Default how do you put your baby to sleep?

Do you rock/hold him/her? Or do you just put them down and let them fuss a bit? We've been holding/rocking Lucy to sleep then putting her down, but the past few days I'm starting to think she's getting a little too used to it. She's starting to wake up 10-15 min later wanting to be picked up. I remember it being a somewhat painful process to "teach" Maddy to fall asleep on her own - a lot of crying, shhhing, etc - but I can't remember how early we started the process. I'm thinking of starting now with Lucy but 5 weeks still seems a little young. What is everyone else doing and if you are doing any "sleep training", how early did you start?

Old 10-10-07, 11:19 AM
Isabella

Thanked 44 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

It's been a few weeks now that Bella has been falling asleep on her own. I wait until I know she is tired, give her the last feeding of the night, give her some hugs, kisses and cuddles and put her in her crib. She is content to look around for 10-15 minutes and then eventually falls asleep. She seems to like to unwind on her own and doesn't seem to fuss. I feel very lucky that she likes this bedtime process.

Old 10-10-07, 11:51 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I do both, in my arms or on his own.

Old 10-10-07, 12:30 PM
MOM

Thanked 34 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I started this with Alexa 2 days ago after reading the baby whisperer books. During the night I still rock her to sleep. I find that it works well when she is in her happy place but when she is overtired and cranky I need to rock her to sleep. This morning I put her on her play mat and she was happy and cooing when I went into the shower, when I got out I found her fast asleep. The recommendation I got from others is to form good sleep habits as early as possible but start focusing on it after 6 weeks. Alexa is 8 weeks now so I am a little behind schedule.

Jo

Jo

Old 10-10-07, 01:42 PM
is mommy to 3 divas and a little man
Toddler and Twin Mommy

Thanked 69 Times
Weekly Activity 107.5%

I rock her to sleep. Some times just falls asleep after finishing a bottle. Bedtime is when she wants to be rocked the most. Naptime it doesn't seem to matter too much to her.

Latest Articles
Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools