Baby Corner

Old 05-08-07, 11:56 PM
is wondering how much more I can take!!
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1020%

Yeah mine says start cereal (rice first then oatmeal, then the mixed cereal and or barley) at 4 months and then starting about 5 months start introducing a veggie a week and then when all veggies have been introduced we could start with fruits.

Old 05-09-07, 07:40 AM
is Mama to 4
Community Member

Thanked 9 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Our pediatrican says starting solids anywhere between 3 to 6 months is fine. He said we could start whenever I wanted, but there was no hurry. He recommended starting with rice cereal just until they get the whole swallowing thing down, and then to gradually introduce fruits and veggies one at a time.

I was shocked at the appt yesterday when they asked if I was giving his solids......I had no idea you could begin that early.

Old 05-09-07, 02:46 PM
CL Makenna & Kieran's Mom

Thanked 24 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Terry got on my case about this last night. He thinks I want him to grow up too quickly. I will wait a couple weeks just to keep him happy but I'm bringing up the high chair so he can sit in it while we eat.

Old 05-13-07, 12:09 AM
Community Member

Thanked 14 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My pedi always said I could try cereal at 4 months if they wanted it but if I started at 6 months that was fine too! I always tried with the other girls and they had no interest in it so I probably won't try Hannah til 5 months or so! I am in no rush...and she seems to not have any interest either!

Latest Articles
New Fertility Monitor Helps Women Conceive
Now, fertility devices are available for women to wear to monitor and track their basal body temperature, which will pinpoint ovulation and provide the best chances for a couple to conceive.

Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools