Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool I'm still alive...and so is Mom!

I'm still alive...and so is Mom!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-03-08, 05:59 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Cool I'm still alive...and so is Mom!

Hi, everyone…..life is still crazy here.

Update on Mom…..no cancer, tumors, storke or aneuryms...all brain scans are clear. They have concluded she has ocular (maculor) degeneration, which is the leading cause of blindness these days. Although not curable, it is treatable. She finished an infusion of pregdisone (SP?* and is wired for sound. I thought she talked fast before... Bad news is she will most likely never drive commerically again. Dad now has to drive alone after driving together for almost 20 years.

The girls are doing wonderful and getting big. Taylor starts 2nd grade in July. Due to finances, we’ve taken her out of the Christian school and enrolled her in public school. We are lucky enough to be within the boundaries of one of the best elementary schools in town. Everyone wants to go there. Hailey is a little spitfire…she’ll scream at anyone to get what she wants. We have our hands full with her….she’s still very much a mommy’s girl and she’s shows Daddy that at almost every opportunity to the point he almost feels rejected…then she’ll smile her sweet smile and melts our hearts…..until the next temper tantrum.

I went back to the “work out of the home” 2 weeks this last Tuesday….home-based bookkeeping was not keeping the bills paid. We’ve been truly blessed as I had applied with this company back in January, before I lost my job. They had a sudden death in the accounting team and called about 3 weeks ago and wondered if I was still interested in working for them. I finished up the assessment and had a panel interview and they called me and offered me the job just an hour later.

I'll try to be around more in the evenings and weekends. Work is very strict about personal internet time. I have not been brave enough to see if TBC will get blocked or not.

Old 07-03-08, 07:37 AM
is sad
Community Member

Thanked 144 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i am glad your mom is doing well, but i am sorry to hear she's losing her eyesight. i hope to see you around more often!
Thank you illaheebaby!
TSLeer (07-04-08)

Old 07-03-08, 09:09 AM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

So glad to hear the news is better than what you originally thought! Macular degeneration is tough but I'm glad they are still able to treat her. Take care and keep in touch!
Thank you ~babydoll~!
TSLeer (07-04-08)

Old 07-03-08, 11:11 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Glad to here the news is better. Sounds like everyone is doing well. Keep us posted.

Old 07-03-08, 11:39 AM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm glad that things are better for you. It's good to see you around.
Thank you Erinn!
TSLeer (07-04-08)

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools