Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool The incredibly shrinking house

The incredibly shrinking house

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-11-08, 01:02 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Red face The incredibly shrinking house

Any of you have this problem? My house seems to be getting smaller by the day. I don't know how you ladies in condo/apartments do it. We had my parents and sister & family over yesterday for the twins birthday and mother's day. My parents bought the kids a kitchen and a workbench (and accessories for both)! Those things take up alot of space. My house has been taken over by toys. I've got to sort through their things and move stuff in the basement for rotation.

We also bought twin beds for the kids and set them up in the spare room (which will eventually be Sophia's room). Everything in there had to be moved and I have a huge umbrella tree that needed to find a new home. Thankfully my mother said she would take it. The amount of stuff is just taking over. It doesn't help when the kids get everything at the same time.

Old 05-11-08, 01:53 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 115.1%

Eeek! I can't imagine what it's like with 2! Our living area (not counting the new patio) is just under 1500sq. ft. so we feel the pinch a little too. The patio has helped a little, but there are no basements here! It's time to get Aislinn a kitchen too, and I'm wondering where it's going to go.

Old 05-11-08, 02:06 PM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I think our apartment is pretty large as far as apartments go, but we're running out of room. I told DH that we've been here two years at the end of June, and it feels weird renewing our lease - this will be longest we've lived anywhere since we got married. Strange as it sounds, I'm ready to move again - I always clean so much stuff out! We're looking to stay here until we buy a house (hopefully within the next year or so).

Our play kitchen is perfect for our space. It's pretty flat against the wall and doesn't stick out too much. This is the one that we have:

http://www.littletikes.com/toys/cook...Product+Search

We just put it up against the wall, so you can't look in from the "outside" window.

Old 05-11-08, 02:16 PM
Amanda,Krystal,Ambers Mom

Thanked 73 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I know what ya mean and its only gonna get worse for us cause we are about to add another baby and the stuff that goes with a baby. We still have alot of stuff in boxes because we have very little furniture. So nowhere to put our stuff.

Old 05-11-08, 04:36 PM
Canadian Friend

Thanked 24 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

yuppers, stuff does take a lot of space up! We are lucky to have a big playroom for cody in the basement, and he has a few toys stashed in everyroom!! all big stuff stays in the playroom!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools