Baby Corner

Old 09-27-06, 01:58 PM
OMG I have 4 kids! :)

Thanked 12 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.11%

I've been thinking that some sort of straight jacket would be much more effective.

Old 09-27-06, 04:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

Jen,
I will tell Avery to talk to Cora about this. You'll see in a few days she will start to dread the swaddle thing too...btw, did you get your Miracle Blanket? How is it?
emg92702- Yes I did feel that a straight jacket would be more effective as well, though the "Swaddle Me" blanket worked pretty well with Avery. What do you use to swaddle Keller?

Last edited by Niki1202; 09-27-06 at 04:41 PM.

Old 09-27-06, 07:25 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

Oh I did get the miracle blanket and it turns out she's too long to use it. Silly people from the company told me even the biggest 4 month old would be able to use the blanket. Oh well - I'll just resale it! I actually put Cora to sleep with her arms out once today - she only slept for 10 minutes. She refused to go back to sleep (she is very stubborn about going back to sleep again once she wakes up) so she was VERY grumpy until her next nap.

emg92702 - Cora has the same problem. She is too strong to stay swaddled. I've actually gone out and bought material and made my own blankets to swaddle her with because the receiving blankets are all way too small. I put her in the middle of the blanket, pull the left side over her arm while I roll her onto her right side - this lets you pull and push to get the blanket tighter. I tuck the blanket behind her and lay her down flat. This is where it gets tricky because Cora thinks its a fun game to get her right arm out of the blanket. So I hold her arm down with my left hand - while I use the right hand to fold up the bottom of the blanket, then pull the right side over her. I roll her onto her left side and pull the blanket while pushing her more into the blanket. The whole pull and push thing really gets that blanket nice and tight. I've also noticed that if the part of the blanket that goes over her legs is too tight she lifts her legs up and down and that causes the blanket to come loose. (See - I wasn't kidding when I said baby straight jacket!) I have a special swaddle that I do for her at night that works really well if your interested in seeing how I do that one. You can PM me for that one if you want

Old 09-27-06, 07:45 PM
OMG I have 4 kids! :)

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

I love your swaddling description!

I got a swaddle me blanket when Keller was a newborn, but at that point he was so little that it wouldn't go tight enough to keep him swaddled, and now he's way too big for it.

I have a couple of different fleece blankets that I fold in half into a triangle and just wrap his arms and upper body. I don't have a single blanket that his legs would fit in too, but that is ok because he doesn't seem to need his legs in it too to stay asleep.

I lay him a little off center on the triangle-folded-blanket and wrap his right arm first, tucking the tail of the blanket under his left arm pit, then wrap the other side over his left arm and bringing it nice and tight all the way around and under his back. He always manages to either get his left arm out of the top or one or both out from the bottom though now that he has grown so much.

I need to start looking around to try to find a bigger blanket!

Old 09-27-06, 09:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

Well I hope that both of you will get to kiss swaddling goodbye very soon. I really thought I will have to swaddle Avery until she's a toddler!
Jen you are so creative about the swaddling blankets. Sorry the Miracle Blanket did not work out.

Latest Articles
PCOS: Lifestyle Changes to Boost Fertility
While PCOS can cause infertility, there are a few things a woman can do to increase her changes of becoming pregnant, including lifestyle changes. Here are a few things you can do.

Winter Babies Crawl Sooner
Does the season affect when your baby will start to crawl? According to this study, winter babies crawl sooner than summer babies.

Kate Middleton Pregnant: Second Royal Baby on the Way
The rumors are true! Kate Middleton and Prince William are expecting their second baby. Get the details inside.

What You Should Know about Enterovirus-68
Enterovirus-68, a respiratory virus that has hundreds of children treated in the hospital is spreading across the country. Here's what you need to know if your baby or child gets sick.

Labor & Delivery Photographers: A New Trend
Your labor is packed, and you are ready to go. However, one person you might be forgetting about is the photographer. A new trend is hiring a photographer to capture the precious moments of when your baby first enters the world is now a must have!

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools