Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool Major Vent. WAY off topic.

Major Vent. WAY off topic.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-09-07, 03:21 PM
Gavyn's Mommy

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.82%
Default Major Vent. WAY off topic.

If you're not in the mood to listen to someone moan and complain feel free to move on

I'm having a HORRIBLE day. My COBRA health insurance ran out because it's been so long since my car accident. No big deal, right? I can just apply for healthcare elsewhere.

Yeah right.

Too bad no one wants to approve me! Apparantly I'm "high risk".

I just got another denial application from a health plan and guess what their reasons were for denying me?

Main reason. I'm too fat. Well thank you, that's wonderful! Sure I'm a bit overweight, but are you freaking KIDDING me?! I used to be a ballet dancer! I can't barely walk right AND I had a baby less than a year ago. OF COURSE I'm overweight!

Their only other reason was the arthritis in my foot. But that was their 2nd reason.

Wow, I feel wonderful today.

So now guess what my only option is? Getting married in a courthouse. The last thing that I wanted to do. I want a real wedding! I don't want to go get married in a courthouse real quick JUST so I can have health insurance! And I'm sitting here crying as I type this because I'm so sick of all these things going wrong. And it ALL goes back to that stupid idiot who caused my accident.

I bet he's living large right now. Bet he barely got grounded for what he did. Me? Yeah, I'm pretty screwed. When is it HIS turn to pay for his actions? Because I've been paying and paying for 2 1/2 years now and I just don't have anymore in me to pay!

GRRRR!

Okay, I think I'm done for the moment.

Last edited by Brooke208; 03-09-07 at 04:09 PM.

Old 03-09-07, 03:31 PM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

I'm so sorry, Brooke. I don't know what to say.

Old 03-09-07, 03:31 PM
Canadian Friend

Thanked 24 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

awww Brooke i am SOOO sorry!!! I have no idea how insurance works there but it does seem VERY unfair!!!! I wish there was something i could say to make you feel better!! Try to keep your head up and ALWAYS remember you have a beautiful baby boy and a wonderful soon to be husband!! No matter how you get married the love is just the same!! I really hope things work out for you and get better!!

Old 03-09-07, 03:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Oh Brooke rant away honey. Insurance companies STINK!! And that jerk that hit you, probably walked away with out a scratch on him. Idiot. I wished I had some encouraging words for you...but I understand and hear what you are saying. Hang in there it will all work itself out, you have to believe that. Look at that beautiful baby boy that God has blessed you with. It will turn around I know it will. That is cool that you were a Ballerina!!!! I always wanted to do that, but I was very cunky growing up and I had no grace I was down right clumsy ok, but I love the dance. Hang in there kiddo....there is a plan.

Old 03-09-07, 03:35 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Insurance companies are a nightmare!!! I'm so sorry!

Latest Articles
How Often Should Your Baby Poop?
Find out how often your baby should poop, how you can tell if your baby might be constipated, and what treatment options are available if your baby is constipated.

Baby Bottles: Which Ones Should You Choose?
When buying baby bottles, there is a vast array of choices for expectant Moms to choose from. Here are some considerations for making this important purchase.

Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets During Pregnant
If you are pregnant with celiac disease, you will need to take extra precautions to make sure you are eating healthy, and getting enough nutrients when eating a gluten free diet.

Baby's First Book: Some Top Choices for Parents
Choosing baby's first book might seem like a daunting task, but the important thing is that you begin early. Here are several of our baby book favorites.

FDA Warns Parents About Teething Gels
The FDA is now warning parents of the dangers of using viscous lidocaine gel as a teething pain remedy for babies and children.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools