Baby Corner

Old 09-27-08, 09:58 PM
Taylor's Mommy

Thanked 30 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Question "ME" Time

How much "ME" time do you get? Does your DH "offer" to watch the little ones while you do something for yourself?

How much "ME" time do you get ~ let's say ~ per week?

Old 09-28-08, 08:49 AM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

ME time What's that?
Seriously, I went out for dinner with a friend once this month and that was the first time in a long time I did anything without DH & the kids. My friend & I have planned for girls afternoon in a few weeks. I am so excited for it.
Time alone for me is going to the grocery store or something like that. Nothing fun. I really need to do more stuff for myself and now that DH's temp. assignment is over, I just might get to do that.

Old 09-28-08, 08:54 AM
Julia's mommy

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

DH will watch Julia whenever I want some time to myself but honestly it isn't often. I normally don't want it. DH normally travels two to three nights every week. So when he's home I want to spend my time with him and Julia. Julia still naps for 2 & 1/2 hours every day and goes down for the night at 8:00PM so I get plenty of time to myself then. I would say I do things alone or with friends once or twice a month.

Old 09-28-08, 05:25 PM
is sad
Community Member

Thanked 144 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

DH is gone 12 or more hours a day, so the only 'me' time i get is on the weekends. i only get a few hours, though, which really isn't enough time. i can usually get some cross stitch or knitting done at a coffee shop, but i really wish i could go swimming. usually, though, i go to the supermarket or drug store because it's such a relief to go shopping without three rug rats!

i keep thinking that if i go back to work, i would have more 'me' time!

Old 09-28-08, 08:35 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

The only me time I get is on Fridays, when I get off work at 3 and DH doesn't get home with Aislinn until about 6-6:30. Other than that, it's to and from work. Once in a while I get to go out with my girls at work; DH is fine with that on the front end, but whines like a baby about me having a social life.

Latest Articles
10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools