Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool Need all the help I can get -- Lurkers welcome and wanted!

Need all the help I can get -- Lurkers welcome and wanted!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-02-06, 09:52 AM
Julia's mommy

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Thank you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! I cannot tell you how much you have all helped me make the decision to switch to formula and how much you're helping to ease my guilt. I appreciate every single one of you and your support more than I can express.

Right now I am still pumping to transition her to formula. I didn't want to go cold turkey and this way will be easier for me as far as drying up goes. I am only pumping half as often and am giving her breastmilk every other feeding. I've never even thought of mixing it in the formula. That's a great suggestion! Pumping every six hours is so much easier than pumping every three hours. I already feel like a huge weight has been lifted and right now I feel like I can tolerate this. If my milk supply can stand it I'll probably keep doing this, at least for a few more weeks.

I tried the Similac Advance a few more times and she just got worse and worse on it. Not only did she have gas but she started vomiting to. I talked to my sister and my mother and discovered that my sister and I and my neice and nephew all had to be given soy because of an allergy to regular formula so it can be hereditary. After finding this out and talking to Julia's ped we've decided to go ahead and start her on soy and see how she does. So far so good but she has only had two bottles of it. Please keep your fingers crossed that this works for her. It just breaks my heart to have such a sweet baby who almost never cries screaming in such pain and agony.

Old 11-02-06, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

I hope she does well on the soy. both my kids were on that and they did great . the only problem I had with it for noah was it constipated him but he got used to it after a few weeks. Jake had no issues with it at all. good luck

Old 11-02-06, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Dee- all of the ladies have given you great advice! And I just wanted to say that I had similar problems with Aedan and BFing, so I put him on formula. I also did the Simulac and he did horribly and then we switched him to soy. We found out that he had the milk allergy and then when we did switch him he did great. SO, don't you dare doubt yourself as a mother. You have done everything you can for her and it sounds like you have a good plan for her.

Old 11-02-06, 03:20 PM
Gavyn's Mommy

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Good luck with the Soy! Gavyn didn't have an allergy, but a very sensitive tummy. Switching him to Soy combined with using Mylicon drops seriously made him a COMPLETLY different baby. He was constipated at first on the Soy, but that didn't last long at all. He still has occasional bouts of constipation, but nothing severe enough for us to stop the Soy. We are going to try the regular Nestle Good Start when he's six months old.

If she is still gassy, even on soy, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, & Meijer all make their own gas drops. I would recommend using those over any other brand (except the actual Mylicon, of course) I know other baby companies make similar tummy drops, but we didn't have sucess with those. It's about $14 for a big bottle of Mylicon but you can get the CVS brand for about $7.

Again, good luck and I hope everything settles down for you!

~Brooke~

Latest Articles
How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

Celebrity Baby News: August 2014
August 2014 was hopping with new celebrity births and pregnancy announcements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kelsey Grammer, Christian Bale, and Christina Ricci. Get the details here!

Bexco Recalls 1,100 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs
Bexco's Franklin & Ben Mason style 4-in-1 style cribs due to fall and entrapment hazards. Get information about how to order a repair kit to keep your baby safe.

Should Pregnant Women Eat More Tuna?
Consumer reports disagrees with the US Food and Drug Administration about the amount of safe tuna fish consumption in pregnant women?

How to Be a Great Hands On Parent to Your Toddler
It's important for parents to be an active influence in their toddler's life. Learn how to be an award winning hands on parent.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools