Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool >
Ok, 99% sure we've settled on a preschool!

Ok, 99% sure we've settled on a preschool!

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 07-12-11 | 07:40 PM
  • For those of you who have been following my preschool dilemma, the winner is....
    The full-day, transportation nightmare school where he went for Early Intervention.
    Dh talked to FIL and MIL and they are willing to help us out with transportation 3 days a week. Dh will go pick him up early on the other 2 days. This means that child care, total, for Matthew will be $50/month rather than the almost $400 it was going to cost for some of the other options.
    Plus I talked to his teacher from there, and she hand-picked his teacher for this year. She loves Matthew, and I know she'll check up on him. I decided it's ok if he doesn't advance by leaps and bounds academically, since I'm pretty confident he could pass kindergarten screening now. What he does need is some help with social language, dealing with people who annoy him, and transitions, all of which I'm sure will be emphasized at this school. I am still doubting myself, but we go for the tour on Friday, and I really think this is the best decision.
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 07-12-11 | 09:54 PM
  • Sounds like a good choice!
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 07-13-11 | 07:56 AM
  • Glad you made the decision!
  • DanieH DanieH's Avatar 07-13-11 | 08:41 AM
  • Best of luck!
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 07-13-11 | 09:04 PM
  • Sounds like a winner. If it feels right and you can head to work each day knowing that Matthew is safe and cared for, it is worth any extra effort to get him to and from there each day.
    As long as it doesn't strain any issues with FIL/MIL it will be perfect for Matthew.