Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool Pictures of Gavyn's first time eating carrots :)

Pictures of Gavyn's first time eating carrots :)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-01-06, 10:15 AM
Finally...Mommy to Derek!

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.03%

How did you know he was ready for cereal and carrots? I'm trying to figure out if Derek is ready. He's only a week younger than Gavin.... He just started being able to sit supported.

Old 10-01-06, 10:42 AM
Canadian Friend

Thanked 24 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

Great Pics and Vid.....i can't believe how much he likes it....i will post the vid of Cody when we gave him waxed beans for the first time.....it was way too funny!!!!!

Old 10-01-06, 12:12 PM
Gavyn's Mommy

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

CheekyMonkey, Gavyn has been sitting with support for over a month now. He had very good head and neck control even at birth (Well, for a newborn!) He started drinking between 30-32 ounces of formula a day when he was about 3 months, so the doctor said to give him cereal. He has also been showing an interest in food. We gave it to him a few weeks ago but he stopped sleeping through the night. So I asked his doctor and she said just wait a few weeks and try again. Now he's doing great!

The Gerber website has a lot of information that will help you decide if your baby is ready for cereal. Usually a baby is on cereal for a bit before other first foods are tried, but Gavyn won't eat the cereal unless I at least mix a tiny bit of fruit in it. His doctor said that's fine.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone for your replies!

~Brooke~

Old 10-01-06, 03:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

Brooke he is so adorable! He really loves those carrots! Way to go Gavyn! He is so cute opening his mouth for that spoonful of yummies. Great job!

Old 10-01-06, 04:16 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

Great pics! Looks like he enjoyed himself.

Latest Articles
28 Baby Products That Save Time & Make Your Life Easier
After baby arrives, your time will be precious. Here are some of our favorite time savings baby products that are must haves for any Mom. Includes Editor's picks, and favorites from Moms and Dads to help make your life easier.

Babies Understand More Language Than We Think
A new study from the University of Washington shows that babies learn language much sooner than we thought. Learn why it's important to read and talk to your baby early, and often.

Star Pregnancy and Birth Announcements Summer 2014
See the pregnancy and birth announcements for summer of 2014 including Kristen Bell, Jimmy Kimmel, Eva Mendes and more!

Am I Pregnant or is this PMS?
Sometimes it's hard to tell if you're pregnant, or if your period is just coming late this month. Use this guide to help you tell the difference.

The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools