Baby Corner

Old 05-29-08, 10:57 AM
Isabella

Thanked 44 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Default playing outside

if it's nice out...how long do you and your LO spend outside each day? what kinds of things do you do outside?

Old 05-29-08, 10:59 AM
Isabella

Thanked 44 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

Bella and I go for a few walks each day. Usually after breakfast, before her afternoon nap and again after dinner. today i think we may head to a park so she can go on the swings. i also have her wagon outside and i put a blanket in it with some toys and she plays in it for a while. i have been putting her a blanket in the grass but she always gets to the edge and pulls out the grass and puts it in her mouth so sometimes that is not worth the aggravation of telling her that she can't eat the grass.

Old 05-30-08, 12:29 AM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

we go for walks almost everyday also and somtimes 2 or 3 times if it's nice out! we have a small playground at a church that is right around the block from us so we walk there all the time. Dh has been buying lots of outdoor toys to Linc also so we play in the back yard a lot more now! we have a little tykes play slide, a swing, sandbox, pool and lots of balls and trucks. Dh is also going to get a swing set as soon as Linc is big enough for it.
We dont use a blanket in the yard becasue Lincoln would just get right off of it to so I just let him taste the grass a time or two and now he does not try to eat it anymore. lol although he does try to eat other thing that he finds.

Last edited by imagine; 05-30-08 at 12:31 AM.

Old 05-30-08, 04:57 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

i usually make sure noah has sunscreen applied every hour because i am so scared he will burn. i have been outside with him for 4 hours before (most time spent in the shade) while my husband and his friends played baseball. i have yet had a trip to the pool because the weather has been acting up after if FINALLY got warm here. I just make sure i keep an eye on noah because he still likes to put thngs in his mouth so i try and keep him distracted with lots of toys :-)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools