Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Post Partum Check Up

Reply Post New Topic

• JenniferG JenniferG's Avatar 02-06-07 | 11:44 AM
  • It is hard to believe, but my boy is already 6 weeks old. I went for my follow up and the ob said everything looks great. She did a PAP as well since the one I had at the beginning of the pregnancy came back abnormal. I hope all as well since it has been on my mind. I still have 14 lbs to go to get to my prepregnancy weight but I'm not too worried about that. We talked birth control and I asked her about getting my tubes tied in a year or two if we are done and she said she wouldn't do it and after talking to her I don't think I will have it done. I feel like I am back at square one but oh well. All in all a good appointment, I will miss seeing her since she is so nice.
  • 3Princes 02-06-07 | 12:21 PM
  • Why won't she tie your tubes? I've never heard of that.

Sounds like a great appointment. I haven't loved my doctor this time around but I know what you mean about missing going there.

I can't believe that your baby is 6 weeks old already. Makes me sad about how fast the time is going to go!
  • JenniferG JenniferG's Avatar 02-06-07 | 02:57 PM
  • She will tie my tubes if I want to go ahead with it but I'm not too sure at this point if I want to. You are out for the surgery which was my main concern. The cut they make for the camera to go into has to pierce a major something....I think she said blood vessel therefore it is considered a major surgery. There is also a high possibility of scar tissue which can cause discomfort. I had heard about the discomfort from a couple of people and my sister told me today she wouldn't do it because her friend lost her sister during the surgery. Not really what I wanted to hear. She talked about Mirena (the 5 year IUD) with me but I will just have to wait and see. The IUD looked nothing like I remembered from sex ed way back when.
  • Chantell Chantell's Avatar 02-08-07 | 02:30 AM
  • I had a mirena in before this pg, and it was great. I use to have long, heavy, painful af, but with the mirena I had no pain and barely a few spots if anything. The only problems I had were pain on insertion, which apparently is rare (lucky me), and the strings migrated up, which meant I needed a d&c to remove it. This apparently also rarely happens.
  • JenniferG JenniferG's Avatar 02-08-07 | 12:19 PM
  • My doctor told me that I would have cramping on insertion and it would probably last a couple of days. I'm just not sure about having to check the strings every month. Do you feel them?