Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Post Partum Check Up

Reply Post New Topic

• JenniferG JenniferG's Avatar 02-06-07 | 11:44 AM
  • It is hard to believe, but my boy is already 6 weeks old. I went for my follow up and the ob said everything looks great. She did a PAP as well since the one I had at the beginning of the pregnancy came back abnormal. I hope all as well since it has been on my mind. I still have 14 lbs to go to get to my prepregnancy weight but I'm not too worried about that. We talked birth control and I asked her about getting my tubes tied in a year or two if we are done and she said she wouldn't do it and after talking to her I don't think I will have it done. I feel like I am back at square one but oh well. All in all a good appointment, I will miss seeing her since she is so nice.
  • 3Princes 02-06-07 | 12:21 PM
  • Why won't she tie your tubes? I've never heard of that.

Sounds like a great appointment. I haven't loved my doctor this time around but I know what you mean about missing going there.

I can't believe that your baby is 6 weeks old already. Makes me sad about how fast the time is going to go!
  • JenniferG JenniferG's Avatar 02-06-07 | 02:57 PM
  • She will tie my tubes if I want to go ahead with it but I'm not too sure at this point if I want to. You are out for the surgery which was my main concern. The cut they make for the camera to go into has to pierce a major something....I think she said blood vessel therefore it is considered a major surgery. There is also a high possibility of scar tissue which can cause discomfort. I had heard about the discomfort from a couple of people and my sister told me today she wouldn't do it because her friend lost her sister during the surgery. Not really what I wanted to hear. She talked about Mirena (the 5 year IUD) with me but I will just have to wait and see. The IUD looked nothing like I remembered from sex ed way back when.
  • Chantell Chantell's Avatar 02-08-07 | 02:30 AM
  • I had a mirena in before this pg, and it was great. I use to have long, heavy, painful af, but with the mirena I had no pain and barely a few spots if anything. The only problems I had were pain on insertion, which apparently is rare (lucky me), and the strings migrated up, which meant I needed a d&c to remove it. This apparently also rarely happens.
  • JenniferG JenniferG's Avatar 02-08-07 | 12:19 PM
  • My doctor told me that I would have cramping on insertion and it would probably last a couple of days. I'm just not sure about having to check the strings every month. Do you feel them?

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!