Baby Corner

Old 06-02-07, 08:49 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Thumbs down She doesn't like it

Cora really isn't interested in soy milk one bit. I tried to give her some in a bottle today at 3, when she has been getting a bottle of formula, and she kept pushing it away. What do I do if she doesn't drink it? Did anyone else feel weird about not giving their little one's a bottle of formula at first? It just seems so weird to me to even think about stopping her formula. We still have a whole can left so we'll finish that off, but I'm going to miss our formula feeding snuggle time. How did all the other babies do when you switched them to whole milk? Any suggestions?

Old 06-02-07, 10:27 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Since you still have formula, why don't you try splitting the bottle with 25% soy milk & 75% formula (or whatever way you want to split it) and then gradually introduce more milk and less formula. That's the way I did it since Noah wouldn't drink straight milk initially. This way she'll still have the taste of the formula while getting used to the milk. Have you tasted the soy milk? I personally think it's definitely something to work up to liking. It still felt strange the first time I have them a whole bottle of just milk but it is sooooo much cheaper this way for me.

Old 06-02-07, 10:44 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I agree with Erinn, i switched Ava the week before she was 11 months. It took a full week of mixing before she was on straight milk. At first she was leary of it, becuse her bottles have all been room temp. Now the milk is cold, and she takes it in and out of her mouth. She does take it out and look at me and go ,"uuummmmmmm", so i feel better that she likes it. I have not yet gone to sippy cups. She drinks juice/water out of them, but wanted to take it one at a time with her. Good luck

Old 06-02-07, 11:59 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

I think the trick is to mix it in increasing amounts until she's used to it. Aislinn is on 3-4 oz. of milk to 2-3 oz. of formula per bottle right now. I tried giving her straight milk in a sippy cup the first day just to see how she'd react, and she would have nothing to do with it.

Last edited by ~babydoll~; 06-03-07 at 12:04 AM.

Old 06-03-07, 12:34 AM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I agree with the mixing idea.

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools