Baby Corner

Old 12-28-06, 02:04 AM
Gavyn's Mommy

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Default Sick :(

So sorry I haven't been around much lately! All three of us have been very sick, and with Christmas it was just one big crazy weekend. To make a long story short, Gavyn is now on amoxicillan for his cough and I am on a ton of different meds for a bad throat infection and bronchitis. Ross has been coughing too but won't go to the doctors. In the past two weeks, Gavyn has been to the doctors twice to be told he was fine. His doctor has been on holiday vacation so both times he saw someone else. Both times I was told that he was pretty much fine. The first time they said leave him on regular formula and that he probably had a bit of a virus. The second doctor (different one) said to change him back to the Soy formula (which we did last night) and see if he gets any better, but that his lungs sounded great. Finally I called them on Tuesday and told them his cough is not getting better. They wanted him on antibiotics. As for myself, I was in the doctors on Saturday and they gave me new inhalers (I have asthma) and did a breathing test and took blood. They didn't give me any antibiotics though. I knew I had bronchitis (I have a major history of it) but there was nothing I could do. I waited out the weekend hoping to get better but today woke up feeling absolutely horrible! I'm finally on meds too, so hopefully this will be the end of a crazy week! I can't wait to feel better, I've had absolutely no energy and it's so hard caring for a baby when you're sick as a dog. Doesn't help if the baby is sick too, LOL!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!! We did, besides being sick. Gavyn made out like a bandit! I'll post pictures later, but he got a Jumperoo and Britax carseat from his Grandparents (plus tons of other things, they spoiled him ROTTEN!) He got so many clothes I don't know what to do with them all and our poor living room is stuffed to the brim with miles and miles of baby toys.

~Brooke~

Old 12-28-06, 10:40 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 176.25%

Ugh, no fun! I hope everyone is better soon.

Old 12-29-06, 06:35 AM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I hope everyone gets feeling better soon!!!

Old 12-29-06, 08:43 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I hope you are all feeling better soon. It's no fun being sick.

Old 12-31-06, 03:09 PM
Finally...Mommy to Derek!

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Oh no!! I know how you feel. It seems like once it gets in your house it's a terrible time trying to get it out and everyone well. You poor thing! Get well sweetie!! Hope you guys can ring in the new year healthy!

Latest Articles
Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools