Baby Corner

Old 09-26-06, 01:11 PM
Gavyn's Mommy

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.11%
Default Solid foods?

Are any of you mommy's feeding your little ones solid food yet? Gavyn's doctor suggested we start him on a bit of cereal at night when he was about 3 1/2 months because he was drinking way too much formula. He stopped sleeping through the night when we gave it to him though so we decided to wait a few weeks. He had his four month checkup last week and the doctor said to try again whenever we choose. Well, this past weekend he stopped sleeping through the night and was waking every 3 hours for a bottle. He drinks 6oz every 3 hours, so Sunday he had drank a total of 45 ounces of formula! So last night we gave him cereal again with applesauce and he loved it. He kept trying to grab the spoon because he couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough! Sure enough, last night he slept from midnight until 11am this morning! Yay Gavyn! I think we're going to try carrots next!

~Brooke~

Old 09-26-06, 01:15 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

We have introduced single grain cereals only - rice and oatmeal, that's what my doctor recommended at 4 1/2 months. I will start the fruits and veggies probably in another few weeks.

Old 09-26-06, 01:19 PM
Gavyn's Mommy

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

Yeah usually they say don't start before 4months. But Gavyn was showing all the signs at 3 1/2 and had doubled his birth weight, could sit with assistance, showed interest in food, had really good head/neck control, and was drinking 32 ounces of formula a day. So we started with single grain rice and he had that for a week or so. His doctor said that since he did fine with the cereal we could start introducing 1st foods one at a time now. So far he's only had the applesauce, but we'll try carrots next.

~Brooke~

Old 09-26-06, 02:24 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

My sister's doctor told her the same thing about starting solids as your doctor did. My neice was eating every 2 hours. I have food allergies so I want take be careful with my two. I know it probably has no bearing but I want to be safe rather than sorry.

Old 09-26-06, 03:10 PM
Gavyn's Mommy

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

^ I agree. Definitely better to be safe. Food allergies don't run in my family even a tiny bit. Actually, the only person in my family that has an allergy that I know of is my sister... she is allergic to penacilin (sp?)

~Brooke~

Latest Articles
Kate Middleton Pregnant: Second Royal Baby on the Way
The rumors are true! Kate Middleton and Prince William are expecting their second baby. Get the details inside.

What You Should Know about Enterovirus-68
Enterovirus-68, a respiratory virus that has hundreds of children treated in the hospital is spreading across the country. Here's what you need to know if your baby or child gets sick.

Labor & Delivery Photographers: A New Trend
Your labor is packed, and you are ready to go. However, one person you might be forgetting about is the photographer. A new trend is hiring a photographer to capture the precious moments of when your baby first enters the world is now a must have!

Does Your Baby Need Probiotic Formula?
Probiotics are naturally present in your baby's stomach, but some formulas have probiotics added to it. Doe you baby really need probiotic add to his/her baby formula?

A Guide to Baby Clothes: From Sizes to Styles
Have you ever noticed that baby clothes are sized by age, instead of by measurements? Use this guide to help you pick the correct sizes for your baby. Hint: It's not by their age!

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools