Baby Corner

Old 09-26-06, 03:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%

Nope, the plan is not till six months and for Kara that won't be until Christmas.

Old 09-26-06, 04:48 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 282%

I have begun a little bit of rice cereal by spoon and she did OK for a first-timer. I also tried adding 1 tbsp. every other bottle for a few days to get her system used to it, but her system doesn't seem to like it - lots of spitting up and crying at night . I'm not sure if it's the rice specifically, or just a reaction to solids in general. She is starting to go through a lot of formula, though. She goes to the ped tomorrow for a check up, so we'll see what he says.

Old 09-26-06, 06:31 PM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I'm really nervous about starting Cora on rice cereal. She has such a sensitive tummy - most formula's are hard on her. So I'm not sure when I'll try it. She has been having a little bit of a hard time at night lately so it has tempted me. I bet I'll try after her next ped. appointment towards the end of October. She'll be 5 months then.

Old 09-26-06, 08:05 PM
Canadian Friend

Thanked 24 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenivere
Nope, the plan is not till six months and for Kara that won't be until Christmas.

nothing before 6 months is the healty way to feed a baby!!!

Old 09-26-06, 08:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I'm not in a hurry to introduce solids just yet. I will start at six months. I read that it's not too good introducing solids too soon because of possible allergies. However, I also read that if your baby seems to be hungry all the time and not be satisfied with breastmilk or formula, it is ok to start solids such as single grain cereal but not other types of food.
Since Avery seems to be a smaller baby (well whatever that means...compared to some babies her age, but I think she is just fine) I doubt she will be ready for solids before six months anyway.

Last edited by Niki1202; 09-26-06 at 09:22 PM.

Latest Articles
Babies Understand More Language Than We Think
A new study from the University of Washington shows that babies learn language much sooner than we thought. Learn why it's important to read and talk to your baby early, and often.

Star Pregnancy and Birth Announcements Summer 2014
See the pregnancy and birth announcements for summer of 2014 including Kristen Bell, Jimmy Kimmel, Eva Mendes and more!

Am I Pregnant or is this PMS?
Sometimes it's hard to tell if you're pregnant, or if your period is just coming late this month. Use this guide to help you tell the difference.

The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

Cloth Diapers vs Disposables
Should you use cloth diapers, or disposable? Find out with our cloth vs disposable diaper buying guide, and get advice on how best to choose.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools