Baby Corner

Old 05-21-07, 11:14 AM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%

When do you guys give your munchkins milk? Is it during meals and in between? How much do they get? Do you let them walk around with the milk in their cup?

Sorry Diane I don't mean to hijack - I guess I had a lot more questions than I originally thought!

Old 05-21-07, 11:25 AM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

My kiddos get milk in a morning & night bottle (about 7oz - it's hit or miss if they eat it all). I will try at dinner for a cup of milk in a sippy. Sophia will usually drink it but Noah doesn't. He looks at me like "What is this doing in here?". I read somewhere that they should get about 500mL of milk a day so but I don't know if that includes other dairy like cheese, yogurt They only get to walk around with water in their cup unless they haven't drank what I gave them at lunch.

Old 05-21-07, 11:25 AM
Canadian Friend

Thanked 24 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

i did it a bottle at a time. If he got 3 bottles....2 were formula....one was milk. then 2 milk ...one formula....as so on!

Old 05-21-07, 12:29 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I give the milk 1st thing in the morning, around 4 oz, but she does not drink it all, then at meals...usually 3-4 oz. Sometimes she gets some in between meals if she has not had that much at lunch and dinner. She can walk around with it as long as it is in a sippy cup. Then at night before bed, she gets a bottle of formula usually 6 oz. But she also get cheese and Yogurt, she loves that stuff and I think that counts as dairy.

Latest Articles
Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

Fertility Rates In Career Women Are Rising
Fertility rates are rising for career women, as it is becoming less difficult to raise a family while working. Here are some facts and tips to help guide you along the way.

Pregnancy Loss: Don’t Suffer in Silence
Coping with a pregnancy loss is just as devastating as losing a loved one.

Should Pregnant Women Who Drink Alcohol Go to Jail?
The controversy over pregnant women drinking alcohol continues, but should they go to jail for it?

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools