Baby Corner

Old 10-24-07, 06:36 PM
Conor and Spencers' Momma

Thanked 21 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Time for cereal?

Spencer will be 4 months old on Monday, October 29th. The past couple of days he just seems to be starving! A couple days, he ate for an hour at two sittings! I doubt I had anything left by the time he was done. He has been very unsatisfied by the time he is done eating.

Last night he woke up at midnight and then again at 4 a.m. Normally, he would sleep from 7:30 p.m. to anywhere between 4 a.m. and 6 a.m.

He does pretty well with his head control if we are helping him in a sitting position or while he leans against one of us.

With Conor, he didn't start eating cereal until 6 months, but he was also 2lbs. less at birth. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Do you think he's ready? It's been so long that I did this with Conor, that I just can't remember.

Old 10-25-07, 02:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My first two girls I started them with ceral when they were 4mtns old. They both showed interest in eating, but Kate didn't show any signs of interested until she was 5mtns old. I think you can always try him & see how it goes. If he does well then con't if not then wait a little longer. Is he showing any signs-> watching you when eating, chewing when watching, grabbing for your food? He might be ready then?

Old 10-25-07, 02:49 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

I agree...It might take a couple of trys since they will still have that tongue relux. Ive been giving Nicole cereal for about 2 wks now, but not everyday. Shes def got a lot better w/ it...

Old 10-25-07, 08:57 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Sienna gobbled it up tonight! If he seems that hungry, he's probably ready! I know the days I miss giving Sienna cereal she wakes up multiple times a night (last night was twice)

Old 10-26-07, 02:10 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I waited to ask Joy's doctor if it was ok to give her cereal. She had her 4 month visit at 4 1/2 months so by then I think she was ready. The first few times she just spit it out, but now she holds her mouth open like a bird waiting for every bite.

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools