Baby Corner

Old 05-05-08, 05:51 PM
CL Makenna & Kieran's Mom

Thanked 24 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Unhappy Trip to the ER

I got a call this morning telling me that my son fell down and needed to see a doctor. The next words were don't panic, I'll meet you at the ER. Kieran seemed fine until you moved him. We saw the doctor and he sent us for xrays. Sure enough there is a tiny fracture. The cast is orange and goes from his toes to his upper thigh. We have a follow up at the fracture clinic next Monday. I'm not sure what will happen. They did say he may need the cast 5-6 weeks. He is not allowed to walk but he can crawl with the cast on. I'm just glad it isn't winter. I told Terry to stop off and get some cheap jogging pants that I can cut. Since none of his socks will fit over the cast I plan on letting him have my fuzzy socks for the cooler morning ride. I'm just glad that he is okay.

Old 05-05-08, 08:40 PM
Momma to 2 boys

Thanked 41 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

OMG I am so glad he is okay. poor baby i hope he doesn tgo crazy in that thing. my gosh mom i hop eyou dont go crazy with that thing too. to both of you!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-06-08, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 51.67%

Oh no! I'm glad he is ok. I hope the case doesn't have to stay on too terribly long.

Old 05-06-08, 03:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

When my youngest DD was around 2ish and had a toddler fracture in her leg, too. Cast the whole way up to her thigh and the doctor told me it was going to be a long 4-6 weeks and she'd be miserable. Well, she was doing sommersaults and walking in it within a day!! It depends on your child. We were lucky b/c it was the end of summer so she wore shorts/dresses to get through it.
An FYI for you as well ... She got the cast off in 5 weeks and walked goofy for about a month before she used her leg right again.
Oh my gf's baby had a cast and got it off last month and she said they sell this plastic sleeve type sort of thing that you put on over the cast and it suctions to the skin above it so you can take a bath/shower. We had to do sponge baths which were not fun.

Old 05-06-08, 05:51 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

OMG poor baby!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools