Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Preschool Update and a Question.

Update and a Question.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-27-11, 11:05 AM
is enjoying summer!
Community Member

Thanked 78 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Default Update and a Question.

Hello all! So sorry it's been too too long again! My computer is wonky and only lets me on when it wants to!

Here's a little update on us. I have been doing some in-home babysitting since November. I have a baby (she's now almost 6 months old) that I watch daily and a little girl (almost 2) just started here part-time yesterday. I am enjoying being home with Nolan and love that I can make a bit of money as well.

Nolan is VERY smart and cracks me up all the time! He comes up with the silliest things. He loves all sorts of technology... like my cell phone which is an android phone... which brings me to my question;

Anyone get their DC a Mobigo gaming system? Can you tell me about it? Good or bad? Reviews?

I want to get Nolan something that is very big boy like but it's geared towards 3-5 year olds so I think he'd get a kick out of it but I cannot find many reviews anywhere for it.

Thanks!

Old 01-27-11, 12:32 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 1922%

Congrats on the job! I personally cannot help you in the gift idea. I havent heard of it.

Old 01-27-11, 03:11 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

I do home daycare also and have been doing it since Lincoln was 5 months old.
as for the game I have never heard of it either.

Old 01-31-11, 10:55 AM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Good to hear from you-glad you are doing well!
I decided to go more learning-based for dd. She has the v-reader. It has games and stories. ALL the games are educational and literacy based and the cartriges they sell are all rated based on age range. My experience is that all the stories are age appropriate no matter what-the game difficulty is where the age comes in. When you buy one and register online you also get tokens for free stories (that don't have games, but they are free!) To put those stories on the reader you need an sd card, but they are pretty cheap these days-we even had an extra one lying around the house from an old camera.
Good luck! Erin LOVES her reader and I think she has actually learned a lot from it.
http://www.vtechkids.com/product.cfm...FZ065QodtjFd3A

Old 01-31-11, 12:17 PM
is enjoying summer!
Community Member

Thanked 78 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Thanks for the idea Beth! I will check that out too!

Latest Articles
Antibiotics Used During Pregnancy Linked to Child Obesity
A new study from Columbia University has found that antibiotic use during pregnancy is linked to later child obesity.

Celebrity Baby Watch November 2014
Find out whose pregnant, and whose expecting in our monthly celebrity pregnancy and births update for November, 2014.

The Importance of Baby Talk and Why Fathers Need to Do it More
A new study shows that verbal communication with babies happens more by Moms more than Dads. If you are a new Dad, here are some tips for talking more to your baby.

Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools