Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Went to the pulmonologist

Reply Post New Topic

• teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 04-26-11 | 11:52 AM
  • We decided to skip the allergist since dd's allergy tests came back negative, and I am so happy I did. He agrees that she probably doesnt need further allergy testing unless something changes. he thinks she has virus induced asthma so she I'll go on preventative meds in the fall through the winter. For now we are medication free which makes me very happy! No more nebulizers, inhalers, antihistamines, etc unless she has a coughing or wheezing episode. We should be good until next cold season if he is right.
    Yay!

Last edited by teddybear1082; 04-26-11 at 11:55 AM..
  • ~babydoll~ ~babydoll~'s Avatar 04-26-11 | 12:21 PM
  • That's great news! What a relief for all of you.
Thank you ~babydoll~!
teddybear1082 (04-26-11)
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 04-26-11 | 03:35 PM
  • Hmmm, I think I may have missed some of your posts on this. But I know you had mentioned that my dd's issues sounded similiar to yours- constant coughing, but always being told it is allergy related and her chest is clear- nothing they can do. Should I ask her ped for a referral to a pulmonologist? What exactly is that and what can they do for her cough?
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
teddybear1082 (04-26-11)
  • teddybear1082 teddybear1082's Avatar 04-26-11 | 04:07 PM
  • Quote de MrsS1stbaby
    Hmmm, I think I may have missed some of your posts on this. But I know you had mentioned that my dd's issues sounded similiar to yours- constant coughing, but always being told it is allergy related and her chest is clear- nothing they can do. Should I ask her ped for a referral to a pulmonologist? What exactly is that and what can they do for her cough?
    If her chest is clear there may be nothing a pulmonologist can do- they specialize in lung function and lung disorders. My dd started to have coughs with chest congestion that require nebulizer treatments and when the ped did blood allegy tests they all came back as normal. That is why we went to a pulmonologist instead of an allergist.
    If your dd has a cough that is due to allergies, I would push for allergy testing or a referral to an allergist. Good luck. I hope you get some answers and relief for your dd soon.
Thank you teddybear1082!
MrsS1stbaby (04-26-11)
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 04-26-11 | 04:11 PM
  • Thanks for the info. And glad you were able to receive some answers for your dd!
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
teddybear1082 (04-26-11)