Baby Corner

Old 02-18-13, 10:19 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%
Default 1st sleepover

Kaitlyn had her first sleepover over the weekend. I was debating the idea for about 2 wks, since I have an issue w/ the moms hygiene issue. I dont expect women to wear makeup all the time or have straighten teeth, but it grosses me out to see her in flip flops w/ toe nails not cut w/ dirt under them...and she smelled like she hasnt bathed. I didnt want to know what her house looked like if thats the case. The girl seemed groomed...wears nice clothes, hair done and cut....I figured it was one night....I was surprised 5 girls were sleeping over. I put everythng in the wash in the morning and she got a shower right away. She def had fun and now I know what Ill be doing for Kaitlyn's 9th bday. LOL

Old 02-19-13, 04:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 37420%

Kaydence just turned 7 and she has been invited to two different sleepovers so far. I've been a little leary to let her do it because I just don't know the families or who all has access to the houses. I trust that she'd tell me if anything would happen, I just don't want anything to happen. What do you guys to do to make yourselves comfortable with the situation?

Old 02-19-13, 07:02 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

I do know the mother. The girl was in Kaitlyn's class back in preschool and was invited to her bday party then. The girl is in her class again this year and in girl scouts for the passed 2 years, so I talk to her frequently. I was having bad thoughts, since I dont know her fiance very well and honestly, didnt want to think about that situation. Youre supposed to protect your kids....I think I wouldnt want her to sleep over if it was just her, but there were 5 other girls. I found out the mother slept on the sofa while all the girls slept on the floor in the LR.

Old 02-19-13, 09:48 PM
is is needing a day off!
Admin Team

Thanked 179 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 49570%

Adrianna is 10 and has never slept anywhere but here or with my mom. I see nasty houses every single day and I just can't let go of those visuals. I am also pedophile paranoid. I think about dads, brothers, uncles, family friends, grandpas.

Old 02-20-13, 04:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 37420%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickie View Post
I am also pedophile paranoid. I think about dads, brothers, uncles, family friends, grandpas.
I think we all are thanks to the media coverage. I didn't want to come out and say it but that's a very big concern of mine too. Please don't forget pedophile's aren't always males!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools