Baby Corner

Old 04-26-12, 09:17 AM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 19220%

Kaitlyn isnt sport saavy, but mentioned her friend is in Girl Scouts, so she attended a meeting to see if she would like it. She said that she doesnt want to be a Brownie b/c of camping. I remind her that you dont have to do anything you want to do. We shall see.

Nicole constantly wants to kick the ball back and forth and hit the ball and throw the ball in the hoop. She's def my "sports" girl. LOL

Old 05-09-12, 10:02 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1620%

I'm on the opposite side of the coin. I personally do not make my kids do anything they don't like however at 6 years old how do they KNOW if they don't try it. And I had kids to enjoy them and for us we enjoy baseball , swim team and dance (although I'm a bit tired of it right now).

In our area sports are big and if you don't get the foundation early then you're left behind. We started with one sport at a time and just gave it a try. Braedon hated soccer so we didn't do it again, Brooke hated softball so we stopped that after one season. My children all have found things they love to do and I feel it's important to teach them that abeing a part of a team is important. Sports involve cheering on others, being humble, learning that winning / losing happens to everyone it's not all about crowds adoring you. Swim team is our best sport, we love how it's coached and how it's a team but yet individual sport at the same time. You might want to check into the YMCA for a swim team for him.

Brooke adores being on stage , anywhere and anytime. That is her passion and it's all HER not me pushing it at all.

Old 05-09-12, 11:29 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

We've allowed our children to try sports and they have tried softball, soccer, basketball--and most they didn't really care for. They both like basketball and will continue with that during that season. But it's a fairly short season so for the rest of the year, we pursue other passions.

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools