Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age >
anyone watch Dancing with the stars?

anyone watch Dancing with the stars?

Reply Post New Topic

• mesbijoux mesbijoux's Avatar 11-01-07 | 01:47 PM
  • We watch b/c there are so many ties to UT and L's dance studio.

One of L's dance instructors, Ashley DelGrosso, was a pro dancer for all season but this - she's expecting. All the DelGrosso sisters danced a season or two ago on the results show - many of them have worked with L Julianne and Derek Hough were dancers at the studio. Marie practices there daily.

I felt so badly for Marie's daughter last Thursday - she didn't come to class (she and L are in the same ballroom class) b/c she was embarrassed about her mother's national fainting episode. Instead, she evidently stayed put in her mother's classroom the duration of the class

All that aside, L has been dancing since she was 3. She is an amazing dancer - just so elegant and graceful. Her lines are perfect! Even if there weren't so many familiar faces on the show - we'd likely still watch just b/c dance is so much a part of our household with these girls of mine
  • mesbijoux mesbijoux's Avatar 11-01-07 | 01:50 PM
  • Cheetah girls is a music group - not so much a dance group. The choreography that they have on stage is NOTHING like ballroom. I didn't think it was any more off than Marie who has had choreography for her broadway and tv shows, or Jane who has taken dance in the past etc. ykwim?
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 11-01-07 | 01:57 PM
  • That is really neat Shelley.

I also don't like it when the dancers have a dance background. To me that includes all the musical acts (backstreet boys etc..) so I guess that doesn't leave too many to compete. LOL!
  • mesbijoux mesbijoux's Avatar 11-01-07 | 02:02 PM
  • The requirements for ballroom/Latin are so foreign to these ppl - I don't see it being that big of a deal. But then, I'm going to see it differently b/c of L's experience, ykwim? Honestly, any experience the contestants have doesn't equip them for what they undertake with DWTS.
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 11-01-07 | 02:18 PM
  • I guess, but I danced until college and any experience is a big help. Just getting the timing, knowing how to "learn" steps, plus your body and endurance is conditioned for it.

I used to dance for a good 3 hours a few days a week but when I tried to run a charity race back then....LOOK OUT! It was completely different muscles/breathing etc...

I guess I just think that if you are an amateur you haven't danced before in any capacity....maybe a Sadie Hawkins dance, but nothing professional.