Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age >
anyone watch Dancing with the stars?

anyone watch Dancing with the stars?

Reply Post New Topic

• mesbijoux mesbijoux's Avatar 11-01-07 | 01:47 PM
  • We watch b/c there are so many ties to UT and L's dance studio.

One of L's dance instructors, Ashley DelGrosso, was a pro dancer for all season but this - she's expecting. All the DelGrosso sisters danced a season or two ago on the results show - many of them have worked with L Julianne and Derek Hough were dancers at the studio. Marie practices there daily.

I felt so badly for Marie's daughter last Thursday - she didn't come to class (she and L are in the same ballroom class) b/c she was embarrassed about her mother's national fainting episode. Instead, she evidently stayed put in her mother's classroom the duration of the class

All that aside, L has been dancing since she was 3. She is an amazing dancer - just so elegant and graceful. Her lines are perfect! Even if there weren't so many familiar faces on the show - we'd likely still watch just b/c dance is so much a part of our household with these girls of mine
  • mesbijoux mesbijoux's Avatar 11-01-07 | 01:50 PM
  • Cheetah girls is a music group - not so much a dance group. The choreography that they have on stage is NOTHING like ballroom. I didn't think it was any more off than Marie who has had choreography for her broadway and tv shows, or Jane who has taken dance in the past etc. ykwim?
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 11-01-07 | 01:57 PM
  • That is really neat Shelley.

I also don't like it when the dancers have a dance background. To me that includes all the musical acts (backstreet boys etc..) so I guess that doesn't leave too many to compete. LOL!
  • mesbijoux mesbijoux's Avatar 11-01-07 | 02:02 PM
  • The requirements for ballroom/Latin are so foreign to these ppl - I don't see it being that big of a deal. But then, I'm going to see it differently b/c of L's experience, ykwim? Honestly, any experience the contestants have doesn't equip them for what they undertake with DWTS.
  • Patience Patience's Avatar 11-01-07 | 02:18 PM
  • I guess, but I danced until college and any experience is a big help. Just getting the timing, knowing how to "learn" steps, plus your body and endurance is conditioned for it.

I used to dance for a good 3 hours a few days a week but when I tried to run a charity race back then....LOOK OUT! It was completely different muscles/breathing etc...

I guess I just think that if you are an amateur you haven't danced before in any capacity....maybe a Sadie Hawkins dance, but nothing professional.

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!