Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age Back from vacation (and a boatload of pics)

Back from vacation (and a boatload of pics)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 02-23-10, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 36 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.82%
Default Back from vacation (and a boatload of pics)

We had such a good time! We left last Sunday and came back on Saturdayday. I won't go into all the drama with the airlines with online check-ins that wouldn't work, boarding passes that wouldn't print and incredibly long lines in airports except to say that two particular airlines are quite suckish (Jetblue and Virgin America, not that I mentioned them) but the flights other than being extremely early, were fine.

We stayed at the Best Western which is directly across the street from the gates to Disneyland and it was great. I will never stay any further away again. The weather was also fabulous. It was bright and sunny all except for the last day and even then it was just mostly cloudy with a faint drizzle. And it hit the low 80s the first few days we were there. I had to wind up buying swim clothes for us since I hadn't packed any never expecting we'd get to go in the pool. It cooled down by Friday, but even then we were fine with just hoodies on. After having come from temps in the 20s and the almost foot of snow days before we left, this was heaven.

And we had a great time in the parks. We didn't do anything but the parks and it was so nice to just have the time to go and do what we wanted when we felt like it and to not feel like we were rushed for time. It was crowded on Presidents Day but not overly so and the rest of the week was really manageable crowd-wise and with the great weather it made it feel even better. Brendan is absolutely in love with Disneyland. When we went in June of 2008 it was during a heat wave where it hit the high 90s and we really got to appreciate the parks so much better this time, even though alot of things were closed down for renovations.

Brendan is absolutely convinced now that we need to move to California. Actually he never wanted to leave, but he's told me it's okay if we wait to move until he's finished with the school year, lol.

Here are the promised boatload of pictures.

Old 02-23-10, 12:10 PM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Weekly Activity 56.36%

Sounds great Laura! So besides Disneyland being a lot smaller than Disney World, what were your thoughts on a comparison of the 2? We love Disney World but I have never been to Disney Land and would definitely like to check it out one day.

Old 02-23-10, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 36 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Michelle, I really like Disneyland alot. It's great having the two parks right across from each other so you can just park hop between the two whenever you feel like, and Downtown Disney is right there too. Disneyland park is like an overstuffed Magic Kingdom. It is smaller and they cram in more rides, but it has a really nice feel to it. There are rides there that they don't have in DisneyWorld that I really like. Brendan and I also spent alot of time marking off the similarities and differences. Our opinion was that we preferred Disneyland park over Magic Kingdom, and both really like California Adventure. If we could we'd take those parks, add on Hollywood Studies and Epcot and it would be perfection (neither of us are big Animal Kingdom fans). It can also be fairly cheap to stay there since there are a ton of hotels and motels on Harbor Blvd where the parks are, and around it. And there are the other southern California attractions. We only went to the parks this time, but last time we went to the San Diego Zoo, to the beach, into LA. I love both DisneyWorld and Disneyland, but Disneyland really grew on me alot this time.

Old 02-23-10, 04:18 PM
is the Proud Mom of Skye and T.J.
VIP Member

Thanked 319 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Oh I love the pictures. I'm so glad that you guys had such a good time and that the weather was so perfect for you. But then again I am totally jealous lol.

Old 02-26-10, 08:24 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 147.27%

Great pictures. Glad you had such a nice trip.

Latest Articles
13 Ways to Naturally Relieve Morning Sickness
Is morning sickness getting you down? Here are 13 ways to help calm your stomach, and relieve morning sickness whether you have it in the morning, afternoon, or all day.

Milk Allergy in Infants
Sometimes it's difficult to tell if your baby is sick, or if s(he) has a milk or forumula allergy. Learn the difference, the symptoms and treatment options of milk allergies in infants.

Here's Why Eating Organic During Pregnancy Is Better
During pregnancy, it might be wise to switch to eating organic foods for the health of your baby. Learn why.

BPA Exposure and Infertility in Women
BPA seems to have an effect on infants, children, and pregnant women, and there also seems to be a link between BPA and infertility in women.

Kate Middleton Suffers Severe Morning Sickness in Second Pregnancy
Kate Middleton is once again experiencing severe morning sickness, or hyperemesis gravidarum, in her second pregnancy.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools