Old 01-24-08, 09:24 AM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Thumbs down Bad Day..

for Aedan that is..

When I got to school he was coloring at the table with the other kids.. but his teacher told me he was punished 1/2 the day for popping his friend in the mouth..

When asked why he did it.. he couldn't give a reason..

This is the same kid that he plays really well with one day and the next they are beating each other.. so it's not so surprising..

Anyway.. after prodding and questioning he finally told me last night that T grabbed a toy from his hand and wouldn't give it back.. so he hauled off and popped him. Not a good thing but at least it wasn't out of the blue..

T has a habit (that I've witnessed personally) of liking what you have and trying to get it from you at all costs.. but that doesn't excuse Aedan's behavior..

I told him that if it happens again... he is to tell his teacher or just go get another toy because we don't put our hands on anyone else.

So he didn't get a movie on the way home, didn't get to watch monster trucks and had to make a Sorry card for T. When I told him that he asked if he should put an arm punching him on it..
I said that might not be a good idea.

Now.. why is it he can stand up to T but not his cousin that pushes him around all the time??

Old 01-24-08, 09:38 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

It's hard learning when it's okay or not okay to defend yourself like that! I've got a couple nephews who act similiar to T.

Hope today is a better day for Aedan!

Old 01-24-08, 09:40 AM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Oh. Poor bugger. Stinks what he did, but it is really good that he told you all the details and feelings behind it.

Good job handling it Mom.

That is so funny about drawing the "flying elbow" move on the card. LOL! I think Aedan should save that for his Valentine's day cards. A lot of girls LOVE a tough guy. LOL!

Old 01-24-08, 09:46 AM
Mom to Lauren & Nicholas

Thanked 113 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Poor Aedan. I think you did a great job handling the situation. T sounds a little on the bully side.

I hope today is better.

Old 01-24-08, 09:59 AM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I hope so.. he told T he was sorry again this morning and at the same time T tried grabbing Aedan's Hot Wheels car out of his hand.. ugh..

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools