Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age Busy , Busy, but settling down

Busy , Busy, but settling down

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-01-08, 07:01 AM
CL & Mom22boys!

Thanked 15 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.82%
Cool Busy , Busy, but settling down

Thought that I would pop in for a few minutes. The last 6 weeks have been really tense for most of my family.

One of our good friends succumbed to a 5 year battle with breast cancer. She passed away with grace and dignity amongst family and friends. It just sometimes seems so unfair how angels are chosen. She leaves behind 3 children. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, loves leaves a memory that no one can steal.

My fil is back into the hospital (I actually took him to the emergency on Thursday). Fluid is backing up from his liver and it became infected. He is a pretty sick man, but doing better than expected. He is sharp as a tack, but doesn't have the physical ability that he had 2 years ago. Leo's Mom is having a very difficult time accepting this, and it sure can be hard to witness at times. We are trying to get a nurse to come in 1-2 a week to lend a hand, but MIL keeps botching that one up. A social worker called to speak with her, and atlast finally someone outside of the family besides myself has stated that she is in denial!

He can still walk, drive a car and do some light things, but no where what he was once.

My father is still kicking it and soon to be 93. He is still a stubborn old coot, but doing his best. We are finally coming to a draw that he will place his house for sale and move in with my brother and his wife. I think it will be best. He is having a very difficult time walking, and sanitation is not that great these days with him. if you know what I mean.

Lesse.. another hit.. my sisters ex-husband whom is the father to my niece and nephew entered the hospital yesterday with yellow eyes, swollen abdomen and vomiting severely. His kidneys are not functioning well and his liver is damaged. Apparently he is hiding a severe drinking habit. It's really sad, and I am so sick of watching people live such unstable and unhealthy lives. FUDGE.

On a good note.. Leo, I and the boys are doing well. We have no complaints and are working hard. Hopefully it will settle down so I can spend more time on here. We are looking at investing into a 50 unit apartment complex. Not sure if I am emotionally up to this, but we'll see.

I will post some pictures in a few hours. Marco started soccer and he is funny. Damiano is still be a pain at potty training, but I'm sure trying.

That is about it for now! The boys are almost up, and I want to read updates on all of you.

Old 07-01-08, 07:51 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 147.27%

Jac I'm sorry about your friend and FIL. Sounds like your father is making a good decision (or you're making it for him ) with moving in with your brother. It sure sucks when life deals you a bad hand but you have to make the most of it.

I'm happy to hear that your immediate family is doing well and I can't wait to see pictures of the boys!

Old 07-01-08, 08:15 AM
Community Member

Thanked 81 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

thanks for the update Jacqui, I think of you often. Sorry to hear that so many close people in your life are suffering with such serious health issues. It is not easy to see those around you in pain. The uncertainty and waiting are hard to cope with as well.

I am glad to hear that you and all your men are doing well though. Hope you have fun at soccer games. They are so much fun at this stage, and often very entertaining to watch. And good luck with the potty training!

Old 07-01-08, 08:44 AM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Jac... So sorry about your friend and all the health issues your family is dealing with. I hope things can ease up a bit for you.

Glad to hear you and the boys are doing well. I will thinking positively regarding the PT issue.. Chloe has yet to be trained..

Old 07-01-08, 08:55 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Jac!

Sorry about all the health drama and issues going on around you. I am so very sorry about your friend.

I'm glad you and your boys are doing well.

We're doing well here- Jacob is getting ready for second grade and Abby will be going to 2 days/week preschool this fall since she misses the kindergarten cutoff date. Stephen loves his job- he's traveling more, but that's okay too. I'm just busy keeping up with everyone's schedules and keeping the house in order.

Latest Articles
13 Ways to Naturally Relieve Morning Sickness
Is morning sickness getting you down? Here are 13 ways to help calm your stomach, and relieve morning sickness whether you have it in the morning, afternoon, or all day.

Milk Allergy in Infants
Sometimes it's difficult to tell if your baby is sick, or if s(he) has a milk or forumula allergy. Learn the difference, the symptoms and treatment options of milk allergies in infants.

Here's Why Eating Organic During Pregnancy Is Better
During pregnancy, it might be wise to switch to eating organic foods for the health of your baby. Learn why.

BPA Exposure and Infertility in Women
BPA seems to have an effect on infants, children, and pregnant women, and there also seems to be a link between BPA and infertility in women.

Kate Middleton Suffers Severe Morning Sickness in Second Pregnancy
Kate Middleton is once again experiencing severe morning sickness, or hyperemesis gravidarum, in her second pregnancy.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools