Baby Corner

Old 07-30-12, 10:41 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 5626.67%

They make your teeth/mouth pretty sore. I had braces when I was around 12-15. I remember it hurting to eat everytime we had to go in for a tightening; I used to break my sandwich into pieces and put the pieces in the back if my mouth so I could chew because it hurt too much to bite off a piece. But I honestly cannot recall how bad it was after I first got them on.

I had braces for 3 years instead of the standard 2 because I hated wearing the rubber bands and didn't keep them on like I was supposed to and it took longer to get my teeth wheere they wanted them. Then afterwards I didn't wear my retainer all the time. My teeth now aren't crooked or anything, but there is some space between some of top ones probably due from not following the orders to a T.

Old 07-30-12, 06:53 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 7172.5%

She's starting to be able to chew a few more things but she's still pretty sore. Every time I mention it's time to eat or brush, she starts to whine and get really nervous. It's getting pretty old. I really hope she gets more comfortable pretty soon. We were warned about her weight at her last pediatric appointment that her weight it too low for her height/age and we need to "beef her up". Well, this certainly won't help.

Old 07-31-12, 12:19 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 5626.67%

Aww, poor thing! Bring on the smoothies and shakes!

Old 08-23-12, 01:32 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 235%

I think we're going to be following in Char's footsteps here! Aislinn has had to have several bottom baby teeth removed because her permanents are coming fast and displaced. She had an impression made last Friday, and goes in for a space maintainer next Friday. They said she wears that for about 1.5 years and then they evaluate to see how much orthodontia she'll need. Sheesh! I wore braces from 4th-8th grade, but she's only 6!

Old 08-23-12, 03:03 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 7172.5%

Yeah, they start a lot earlier nowadays. One reason we chose this orthodontist is because he's a firm believer in not having to pull teeth if possible so we were glad about that.

I'm AMAZED at how different her teeth look after only one month. I'm not orthodontist but her teeth are TOTALLY different after only 4 weeks! I'm going to take a picture of her after school today and post it later. It's unreal how her two front teeth are completely aligned already! I'm hoping we don't have to go the full 12 months with braces given how quickly she's adjusting but again, I'm not an orthodontist so maybe I'm just crazy. (It wouldn't be the first time I've been called that! ).

We were told the average age to start orthodontia is 7.5 so it sounds like Aislinn will right on schedule.

Latest Articles
Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

Fertility Rates In Career Women Are Rising
Fertility rates are rising for career women, as it is becoming less difficult to raise a family while working. Here are some facts and tips to help guide you along the way.

Pregnancy Loss: Don’t Suffer in Silence
Coping with a pregnancy loss is just as devastating as losing a loved one.

Should Pregnant Women Who Drink Alcohol Go to Jail?
The controversy over pregnant women drinking alcohol continues, but should they go to jail for it?

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools