Baby Corner

Old 06-05-08, 07:21 AM
Community Member

Thanked 81 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.87%
Default Colin's update

So we saw the neurosurgeon yesterday and he explained a bit more of what is going on in our boys brain. It turns out that he is missing some cappilaries that usually diffuse the blood flow between the arteries and then the veins. Because the veins have thinner weaker walls they can't handle the high pressure flow that the arteries can. So sometimes this causes seizures like Colin has had.

So the surgeon had already gone ahead and booked an angiogram for Colin. This will give them an even clearer picture of what all the vessels are doing and then we can come up with a plan to treat it. With the results he will consult with some other vascular type surgeons as the radiologists to make a plan. There are three basic options: surgery, embolization, and radiation. usually radiation is the third choice in children. The angiogram is scheduled for June 19th. He will go in that morning, have the procedure at 1pm, then has to lay flat for 6 hours afterwards so they will admit him. He will get a private room on a newly renovated unit. Either dh or I will stay with him and he should be discharged the next day.

So, more waiting. But he is just being amazing about it all! My nerves are a bit raw but we are doing okay. So that is the latest.

Old 06-05-08, 07:39 AM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 1.87%

I'm glad to hear you have a plan in place to figure out what's up and hopefully it's a somewhat easier fix to get him feeling better.
Thank you Bethann73!
luv my 3 (06-05-08)

Old 06-05-08, 07:53 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 1.87%

yes- a plan is good.....

I'm so glad he is 'handling' this well.... as are you! Staying strong is key... when it's all said and done you're going to look back and be amazed at the journey I am sure...

Thank you ~Kelli~!
luv my 3 (06-05-08)

Old 06-05-08, 08:10 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 151.83%

I'm sorry that you're having to go through all of this but he's been amazing as have you! Wish I lived closer I'd be there to give you a real hug. I'll keep him and you in my prayers!
Thank you savannah33!
luv my 3 (06-05-08)

Old 06-05-08, 08:30 AM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 20.62%

Thinking of all of you and hoping that the easiest and safest method is the most effective. It sounds like he has really top notch care. That is so important mentally and physically.

I will be keeping you in and the whole family in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you Patience!
luv my 3 (06-05-08)

Latest Articles
The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

Cloth Diapers vs Disposables
Should you use cloth diapers, or disposable? Find out with our cloth vs disposable diaper buying guide, and get advice on how best to choose.

How Often Should Your Baby Poop?
Find out how often your baby should poop, how you can tell if your baby might be constipated, and what treatment options are available if your baby is constipated.

Baby Bottles: Which Ones Should You Choose?
When buying baby bottles, there is a vast array of choices for expectant Moms to choose from. Here are some considerations for making this important purchase.

Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets During Pregnant
If you are pregnant with celiac disease, you will need to take extra precautions to make sure you are eating healthy, and getting enough nutrients when eating a gluten free diet.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools