Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age good and bad here too....

good and bad here too....

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-23-08, 11:05 PM
Calgon, take me away!

Thanked 31 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Default good and bad here too....

The good is that we got a new hamster. She is a teddy bear hamster and her name is Zipity. Molly is just in love with her. She is really afraid though, so I think it will take her a few days to get used to us. She also has a scratch on her, which the pet store assures us it's healing. I'm pretty sure it is too, but I still worry. She is tan and white. I'll post a picture later.

The bad, today Parker took off his poopy pullup without telling me. I smelt something stinky next to me and it was Parker. I looked down and noticed no pants or diaper. Then I saw the poop, on his leg, butt, hands, and a poopy diaper on the floor. Man, was that a mess to clean up. I'm still searching the living room for poop smears. I cleaned him up and gave him a nice smelling bubble bath. (He needed it, lol) Why does this always happen to me and not dh? Just once dh needs to clean up lots of poop. I guess it's meant to be though, dh would probably freak a little and scare Parker. I'm really careful to not freak him out about it. Oh well. Wish me luck on Molly sleeping well while her hamster is awake.

Old 01-24-08, 12:32 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

Good luck sleeping Molly!!!

Hope no more poopy experiences for you in the near future. I have had a few of those myself.

Eddie's neice got a hamster for xmas and they are so much fun to watch. Endless hours of fun!!

Old 01-24-08, 01:44 AM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I'm sure the hampster will fit in the family with ease

Those poopy messes are the worst!

Old 01-24-08, 08:14 AM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

I had a string of hamsters from jr high right through high school (and then I inherited one from my college roommate who wasn't allowed to bring it home). They're fun! I hope his little scratch heals quickly. Did they tell you to put anything on it??

I'm in the same boat with you and the POOP. Andre is starting to GO on the toilet now (thank goodness) but often the first part of "it" goes into his underwear. He'll usually run to the bathroom without me so by the time I figure it out and go in there he's already pulled down his underwear & sat down. After Andre puts THE REST in the toilet, I have to clean up HIM, his UNDERWEAR, the kiddie toilet seat insert & the toilet.... all while saying "Great job pooping in the toilet Andre".

Old 01-24-08, 09:10 AM
~Nightwalker~

Thanked 35 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

Sounds like a cute hamster. Can't wait to see pics.

Sorry about the poopy mess. Those are always no fun. I have been there one too many times.

Latest Articles
When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

Celebrity Baby News: August 2014
August 2014 was hopping with new celebrity births and pregnancy announcements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kelsey Grammer, Christian Bale, and Christina Ricci. Get the details here!

Bexco Recalls 1,100 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs
Bexco's Franklin & Ben Mason style 4-in-1 style cribs due to fall and entrapment hazards. Get information about how to order a repair kit to keep your baby safe.

Should Pregnant Women Eat More Tuna?
Consumer reports disagrees with the US Food and Drug Administration about the amount of safe tuna fish consumption in pregnant women?

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools